“For $79 per night....great deal!!”

Comfort Inn Edmonton West
Ranked #60 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Alberta, Canada
“For $79 per night....great deal!!”
Reviewed 28 January 2010

Stayed here for 2 nights...for $79 it was a great deal. Close to west Edmonton Mall and all the shopping you want to do. Clean rooms....and comfortable. Nothing special but clean and worth the money. The front staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank imcsherri

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Canada
Reviewed 26 January 2010

I recently stayed at this hotel for a business trip. The check in was great. I was originally booked into a room on the second floor but she happily accommodated my request to move to the first floor. My room had a fridge and microwave in it but the freezer did have something still in it (freezer burnt) from a previous person. Housekeeping cleaned my room daily and made sure to adjust my heat so the room was warm when I returned. This was greatly appreciated. I will stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank uniquetraveller76
Reviewed 23 September 2009

The rooms were fairly clean, Customer Service Sucked, Hotel Was Dark, Nothing to offer except a bed, Could Use Upgrading, No Fridge

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
3 Thank TheZtraveler
Reviewed 18 February 2009

This hotel was moderately clean with comfortable beds and good pillows. It is moderately priced and located close to lots of restaurants and shopping. However, I had a few issues with the hotel. I had booked a queen suite online for a room with a fridge and microwave, but was booked into a regular room. When I complained I was told the only room with a fridge had no telephone, since I need to use the phone this room was not an option for me.

The hotel is not very quiet. Hall noises carry into the room, as do noises from adjoining rooms. I was beside a group of teenagers who were partying well into the night. At 2:00 a.m. I finally had to phone the front desk to complain about the noise.

The only disappointment to the rooms cleanliness was the condition of the shower curtain. It had disgusting looking stains on it that made me not want to touch it. Parking in the main lot was very limited - maybe big enough for 15 to 20 vehicles. The remaining parking is at the back of the building which I felt was not very secure.

There are many hotels located in this area of Edmonton and for the price I think there are better options. Had a queen suite been available the rate would have been comparable to the much higher rated Hilton Garden Inn or the Holiday Inn at the Mall.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with friends
perth
Reviewed 22 October 2008

had to sit next to maintanence room to get the fee wifi. got smoking room and asked nicely to be put in non smoking, they said non available 3 hours later i heard them tell other customer they had 4 non smoking rooms available. i saw pets in hotel corridors. room sliding door opened to back lot of macdonalds.

only stay if you are desprate. filthy rooms

• Liked — leaving
  • Disliked — so called internet service
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank perthguy83
Montreal
Reviewed 10 October 2008

Stayed 2 nights but I should have left after 5 minutes in the room... Dingy and dark... Smelly or pets... Furniture needs replacing (dirty).. and I had to ask to replace the bed cover because it was filthy.. . Problems with heat.. either working and cannot stop it (and you cannot breathe) or not working and freezing... I tried to ask for help by pho ne but the front desk NEVER answered the phone. I will NEVER go back...

• Stayed October 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank josee19963
Reviewed 6 October 2008

I booked for an excellent rate through Priceline's 'name your own price'. Obviously, I had no choice in which hotel I would be staying, so I ended up here. I was out for a girl's weekend with my two sisters, and we were all pleased with the accomodation. The room had a double bed and a single sofabed. There was plenty of room, even with the sofabed out. The front desk called up within minutes of our arrival to make sure everything was okay, and then came up a few minutes later with extra bedding for the sofabed. Both beds were comfortable. I have a bad back, and I had no trouble sleeping on the sofabed. The room also had a coffeemaker, shampoo & soaps, a hairdryer, and an iron and ironing board. The room was very clean, and everything was straightened up when we came back from shopping.

The location was terrific for getting anywhere in the city, not just to WEM. We came in from the west, and it was extremely easy to find. There were several dining options around, as well as shopping. We only went to the Albert's attached to the hotel, and it was fine for breakfast. We dined elsewhere in the city for other meals.

I'm giving it a four because the service was so excellent, and because for the money it was a great deal. Even though we were a 'priceline room', we were still treated as if we were paying top dollar.

If they had a pool/hot tub/free breakfast or any of those three, I would probably rate it a 5.

• Liked — location & price
  • Disliked — no hot tub
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with family