“Very disappointing...”

Price range: US$25 - US$41
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 99 Street and 102A Avenue
Description: Café Nature is located in the Canadian Museum of Nature and offers an array of signature sandwiches and soups, tantalizing desserts and food items that are sure to excite your palate.
Reviewed 31 December 2013

The atmosphere is very nice, however the food was horrible. Looking at the menu for the breakfast brunch I was disappointed that there wasn't much of a choice. But thought the food must be good if the prices are so high. I ordered the lobster benedict thinking how could you go wrong with that, well it was very disgusting. The corn bread was dry, and the hollandaise sauce didn't exist.... very dry and boring. I would not recommend this restaurant, and I will never go there again that is for sure. Also for such a high priced restaurant and elegant atmosphere you would expect better, even when I ordered a coffee with cream they didn't have cream all they had is milk.... really you have the nerve to charge people those prices and you don't have cream for their coffee???? The only good thing about this place was the service...

1  Thank Edm0nt0n_01
chantal b, General Manager at Nature Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Dear guest, thank you for taking the time to write about your most recent visit with us. We are truly sorry about the inconveniences that you have experienced. Your detailed comments will be forwarded to our management team for immediate action. Thank you for allowing us to improve on our services. Best regards.

There are newer reviews for Nature Cafe

Reviewed 17 November 2013

Why do you go out to eat? To be engorged? To be overwhelmed with people? To be saturated with loud sounds? To be inebriated? If thats what you want don't go to Zinc. It is a restaurant that gives you room, the sounds are subtle, the food has been babied, the drinks are smooth, the service is low-key. We had a variety of appetizers and main courses (they actually let you order 3rds of main courses) from Halibut, beef and lamb shank. Not sure if it was because we had a birthday but we were offered a variety of bites, home-made ice cream and drinking chocolate. Very nice, thanks

Reviewed 24 October 2013

A friend and I planned a trip to the Alberta Gallery of Art, and before we did, went to Zinc for lunch (recommended by a colleague) which is attached to the Gallery. The menu is interesting, and what my friend and I did was combine two appetizers - a cheese board and an avocado spring roll. The chef put all on one board and it gave us plenty of food to share which we really enjoyed. It was so good, we told the server the combination should be considered as a regular menu item. We liked the ambiance, and the service was OK.

1  Thank ToTravelIsBrilliant
Reviewed 6 October 2013

A little ray of light in Edmonton. Scrumptious Mac and cheese ( they made mine vegetarian for me). Adorable sweet waitress. Great atmosphere with huge glass walls that look out on Edmonton.

1  Thank Leslie T
Reviewed 4 August 2013

I anticipated at this upscale place a dollop of mac and cheese with a sprig of something on it. As the waitress brought the steaming white concave designed bowl of mac and cheese I was amazed at the man-sized serving. As I took the first hot steamy bite I could imagine settlers boiling bones in a stew pot over a roasting fire and children picking fresh mushrooms and wild leeks for their dinner. This mac and cheese had a reduction of bone sauce, wine and tomato sauce interspersed with an assortment of mushrooms and chopped leeks. I was not disappointed in the meal as it of course was so satisfying I did not feel like eating until the next day. This meal was for a man sized appetite, I think those Sunday morning warriors who jog could stop by and have a brunch to satisfy a hearty appetite. I have always loved the Zinc restaurant which has been pricey but this time the brunch prices met their size. I would love to bring a friend to this brunch and next time I will have a mimosa and share the bowl with a friend. What a great start to a Sunday morning! The brunch is from 11am to 2pm only on Sundays.