“vancouver”

Ranked #38 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Vancouver, Canada
“vancouver”
Reviewed 21 May 2012

I stayed this hotel for one night.
The interior and exterior is ok but the room is not good. Specially, pillow and bed.
If they charge over $159 per night, should be prepared better quality.
Also need more insulation for the wall. too noisy.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Canada
Reviewed 21 May 2012

This hotel is quite new, so has some of the comforts that come along with that. The room was comforable--beds and bedding were great. Good toiletries in the bathroom and lots of towels for a family of 4. Staff were friendly and accomodating. Our only complaint was that the hotel is not very sound proof--we were awakened by footsteps above us and noise from the hallway. It is in good proximity to restaurants and shopping on Edmonton's south end. Our room had a balcony overlooking the parking lot, but not all rooms have this feature.

Room Tip: Room 317 is far from elevator
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 19 May 2012 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for the first time for business in Wetaskiwin and Leduc. It's location worked well for me. The hotel is new, clean and I had no problems with service. There are two restaurants on the premises and a small store with travel supplies for sale. I enjoyed my stay and would definately consider this hotel again.

Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Yellowknife, Canada
Reviewed 14 May 2012

Had a quick stay on a business trip to Edmonton. Hotel is very attractive and decor is modern and classy. Single king room was nice and the bed was very comfortable.
Location was conveniently close to the airport and less than 5 minutes to great shopping in South Common.

• Stayed May 2012
Calgary
Reviewed 26 April 2012

On a previous visit the internet was useless, happily, it worked very well this trip at a fast 11MBPS. Still, the rooms are dark, apparently somebody thinks dark is synonymous with quality---kinda like overpriced dark restaurants. Walls are thin, I could hear the goof next door cheering and groaning during the hockey game. Seemed clean but then again, it's pretty dark in those rooms. Tub wouldn't drain very well---A shower became an ankle deep bath. The pub is fine, restaurant is too pricey for me.

It's okay, but not as special as the room rates tend to suggest.

Room Tip: Ask for one with decent lighting. That will stump them.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank calgaryal
regina, Sk
Reviewed 19 April 2012

I booked my stay at this hotel through Expedia 12 days prior to the date of my reservation. I received no less than three confirmations of my booking. However, on arriving I was told by the front desk staff that the hotel was in an overbooked situation and that me and my girlfriends were being moved to rooms in an another hotel. They said the cost of the rooms were being looked after and that the online booking service would be refunding my $$. When I contacted the customer service department of the online booking service they had never been notified of the overbooked situation and when they attempted to contact the Sandman there was no Manager on Duty for them to speak with. The hotel that the Sandman put us in was old, dirty and a significant down grade, I would NEVER have booked rooms in this hotel if I were given the choice, and would definitely never pay what I had been already charged for the night at the Sandman. The next day I went back to the Sandman to try and speak to a manager on duty - she (Shannon) told me that they would not be refunding my money, and that I was lucky that they had arranged for us to stay anywhere else, that I was "lucky we didn't just let you show up and tell you we don't have a room available." She went on to tell me that overbooking isn't really that uncommon and she doesn't understand why I am so upset - "in fact, we are overbooked tonight too and I am going to have to move several guests into other hotels" She repeatedly apologized for the inconvenience but refused to accept any responsibility for the situation. Expedia graciously refunded the cost of the room even though the manage on duty admitted that they had only alerted Expedia to the overbooked situation the day AFTER our reservation. I would be extremely hesitant to stay at this hotel again, even though it looks like a beautiful hotel, because I have no confidence in the management or in the fact that there would actually be a room available for me to stay in.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank carla h
Maple Ridge, Canada
Reviewed 10 April 2012

We had a very pleasant stay and the staff was very friendly and helpful. After reading some of the negative reviews, it's hard to believe that this is the same hotel. We experienced none of the issues in those reviews. Our room was very clean and we had no problems navigating the elevator.
One huge problem in hotels is that teams congregate in one room and create a problem for the other guests, like noise, and drunken behavior so the staff is forced to deal repeatedly with complaints.
Perhaps the Sandman separates teams and makes it hard for them to socialize in the rooms to prevent problems. If that's the case, we appreciate the effort.

We stayed in March 2012 and had a great quiet stay. Thank you

Room Tip: Although the proximity of the hotel is near busy roads, our room was very quiet.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business