“Cafe Beirut”

Add it.
Cafe Beirut
Ranked #1,535 of 2,540 Restaurants in Edmonton
Cuisines: Lebanese
Description: Restauraunt opened up in last six months, phone number is (780) 988-8821
Reviewed 4 November 2012

This little cafe has wonderful food at a great price. Everything is very fresh and prepared on the spot, which means you may have to wait a bit for your meal, but it is well worth it. It is great for takeout too.

Reviewed 3 August 2012

Fatoush (a salad) is "phenomenal" (my daughter's descriptor). For about $8, it's a bargain. I had the combination platter ($21) with beef and chicken plus humus, baba ganouche, musakaat, two different kinds of bread and some other things. It was tasty and reasonably priced. They do take out and have a few tables.

1  Thank Toby C
Reviewed 25 January 2012

A new location of Cafe Beirut opened recently on 112st in Edmonton, just south of Jasper Ave. The Whyte Ave location gets raves so I was eager to try this restaurant which is close to my office.

They've done as well as they could have in a space that used to house a hair salon. It's small without being crowded. Service was quick and polite.

My lunch of Tawouk Kabob (chicken breast marinated in Shishtawouk sauce, skewered and barbequed. Served with rice, salad, hummus and grilled vegetables) was generous and delicious The aromatics knocked me out as layer after layer of flavour became evident. My colleague opted for a Sultan Kabob (marinated beef) and was pleased with his meal. The mint tea was divine.

Reviewed 29 July 2011

We decided to try this small largely takeout restaurant on Whyte Ave based on a number of positive reviews. We were not disappointed. All of the salads were made fresh in front of us and the meat cooked to order. We ate in the small front half of the store but the lack of elegance was more than made up for by the meal. This is Lebanese cuisine at it s finest.There are a number of options within the city, but this has to be one of the best.

Reviewed 8 April 2011

I went to Cafe Beirut to meet up with a group of about ten friends. It was a perfect place for us because it has counter service and you can pay as you go so as friends drifted in and out we just went up to order more food as we needed it and it was brought to the table in a prompt manner.
The woman working was extremely busy as the entire restaurant was full and she also had take out orders coming through but she kept up well, preparing the food and bringing it out in a timely manner.
This is good quality, convenient Lebanese food. The baba ghanoush was good, smokier than many places and this is something of an aquired taste. All other dips are very standard and what you would expect. They have very good vegetarian options as well as standard meat dishes.
I will definitely go back although I would make a reservation next time.

1  Thank seasidemelody