“Try it please.....”

Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: whyte avenue
Description: Continental Treat Fine Bistro "Taste of Europe" . Gluten Free Continental Treat Fine Bistro is a south Edmonton Best Gluten Free , modern European, Germanic Restaurant. A family affair, as three generations of the Borówka Family work together to bring their romantic turn of the century dining vision to life. Proud to serve since 1982, owners Ryszard , Helena Borówka ,their son Sylvester and Grandsons Matthew and Michal oversee the entire operation. Continental Treat Bistro has become a premier choice for; anniversaries, birthdays, romantic dinners, small weddings and business dinners.
Reviewed 21 December 2017

We have alway gone to this restaurant but now I'm in love with this place since all the items on the menu are Gluten Free. For the first time I got to have the chicken schnitzel. It was fantastic. The wait staff are very friendly and really love their job.

Sylvester_Borowka, Owner at Continental Treat Fine Bistro Gluten Free, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2017

Auntybev hi!
Thank you much for reviewing the Continental Treat Bistro and thank you for mentioning that we are a Gluten Free establishment.
Many of our guests have appreciated that aspect of our restaurant as it allows our diners a wider variety of options and to simply relax while eating.
Our staff are definitely pretty amazing, we are quite lucky that way..
I hope your holidays are going well and we shall see you in 2018!

Reviewed 13 December 2017

For our birthdays, my sister and I always take each other to lunch at Continental Treat. Sitting in a sunny window looking out of Whyte Ave, while we leisurely eat delicious European cuisine is definitely a treat we look forward to! There is an old world ambiance and an elegance that we savour along with the fine cuisine. The difficult part is selecting which amazing items to order. We love the pickle soup, the spaetzle, the Hungarian Goulash, pork schnitzel... We've been treating each other for a number of years and haven't had a miss yet!
What also contributes to the experience is the excellent waiters and the service. Impeccable.

Sylvester_Borowka, Owner at Continental Treat Fine Bistro Gluten Free, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2017

Thorn-in-my-shoe you are NOT!
In fact you are one of my favorite people after reading that lovely review you wrote about us.
I think it's so nice that you and your sister have had this birthday tradition for many years and am chuffed to know that you do this at The Continental Treat Bistro.
What an honor!
Thank you for making mention of all the things you enjoy about us, our staff both back and front of the house will be pleased to hear how much you both enjoy your experience at our establishment time and time again.
Happy holidays to you and yours and come visit us any time!

Reviewed 19 November 2017

What I liked best about this place isn't the fact that it could be considered trendy--what with its gluten free offerings, nose-to-tail meat and locally sourced products--but that is a genuine and earnest dining establishment with real, solid cuisine from a variety of countries. The Polish tripe soup was so good I came back another day to have it for supper and, just as word of advice, a "European size Bowl" isn't just a meal it is a commitment. The smoked salmon was like butter and the pierogies were obviously in-house made and literally perfect. Both times I visited the staff were excellent, the food equally good and the atmosphere relaxed and yet formal enough to feel special. My new favorite.

Sylvester_Borowka, Owner at Continental Treat Fine Bistro Gluten Free, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2017

Skilt! You are MY new favourite :)
What a well thought out assessment of The Continental Treat Bistro.
Thank you for making special mention of so many aspects of our little establishment.
I appreciate that you noted the freshness and quality of our food and the variety in which we offer.
Our aim is always to please, so for you to say that you were made to "feel special" let's us know that we are doing our job well.
Thank you again. You are welcome anytime.

Reviewed 16 November 2017

We came here for a reunion among friends and found the place to be cosy. The service was warm, welcoming and friendly. The options provided for the food was fantastic and the wine selection was also impressive. This restaurant is definitely a must visit in Edmonton!

Sylvester_Borowka, Owner at Continental Treat Fine Bistro Gluten Free, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2017

Hi IanSydney2014,
Thank you so much for celebrating your reunion at The Continental Treat Fine Bistro.
I am pleased to hear that your company and yourself enjoyed the experience.
Next time you visit Edmonton be sure to stop by again as there is so much more we offer that I am sure you would enjoy.
Have a fantastic weekend and all the best.

Reviewed 11 November 2017

We have been to this restaurant many times and on each occasion we not only enjoyed our meals but the atmosphere. From the schnitzel ( with spaetzle ) to the chicken to the salads and shrimp, the taste buds are on a holiday. The service is always well above standard. It"s a great place for fantastic food and conversation with family and friends . Very nice selection of wine/beer and the espresso is good too. ( try the escargot --- nice twist ) . Thanks to Sylvester and staff , please don't change because what you have works extremely well.

Sylvester_Borowka, Owner at Continental Treat Fine Bistro Gluten Free, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2017

John S. you are awesome!
I enjoyed your comment ' Taste buds are on a holiday'. Never heard that before and I thank you. :)
I truly appreciate your review and that you have recognized all that we try to bring forward at The Continental Treat Bistro.
Great to have you as a loyal customer and we will see you again soon.