“Intimate and Welcoming”

Price range: US$20 - US$30
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 124 Street
Description: Our philosophy is simple, to serve beautiful, well crafted food accompanied by exceptional wine, beer and spirits from around the world. We strive to provide an inviting, unhurried atmosphere where you can pop in for a glass of wine or stay and enjoy dinner with friends. Our Bistro menu allows our guests to enjoy a variety of flavour profiles and uses as many locally sourced ingredients as possible. We offer 20 wines by the glass and will build flights upon request. Our craft beer selection is diverse and delicious and offers another realm to an enjoyable night out.
Reviewed 30 January 2014

This is a small, lovely place. We were served by the owner Sheri Somerville who is warm and thoughtful.

The menu is very small but we were able to find things we wanted. I had the rib eye and my friend had two appetizers. Menu substitutions were not a problem. The descriptions by our server were accurate.

Our high lite though the wine by the glass. We each had a really great wine - well above ordinary and fairly priced.

3  Thank DebiLovestoTravel
There are newer reviews for Somerville Wine Room & Bistro

Reviewed 6 December 2013

What an intimate and trendy spot! I stopped here this week for dinner and was delighted. Enjoying a Victoria martini, I chatted with owner Sheri Somerville, who is such an engaging and gracious host with a smile that lights up the city. The menu is limited, and rightfully so. Chef Neil has created a collection of savory dishes that were unique and flavorful. The baked Camembert with maple syrup and pecans was amazing. For main, I had the lamb shank and side of Gruyere mashed potatoes. Fabulous! I heartily recommend this gem of a restaurant if you are ever in Edmonton. It's worth looking for.

2  Thank MTjernlund
Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

We came in a large group of 12 people. We had many different kinds of wine and appetizers. I wasn't a fan of the cerviche, but the poutine, olives and cheese plate were great. The wine service was very attentive, maybe a bit too attentive :). They gave us complementary chocolates for dessert, which were amazing. It was a nice place for a special occasion.

1  Thank Maybellelovesfood
Reviewed 20 October 2013

My husband and I came to this restaurant after we couldn't get reservations in others. And the experience was great. From the moment we walked in to the dessert, we couldn't have been happier. The servers recommended items and they were all spot on. Only draw back, my husbands duck was served at room temperature, but he loved it just the same. We'll definitely tell others and we'll be going back as well.

2  Thank Erni O
Reviewed 26 August 2013

: My wife chose this restaurant after viewing it through "open table" . The décor was subtle with a very European feel to it. A fairly limited menu, indicated straight away that the chef clearly takes time and pride in creating a few speciality dishes. I chose a beautifully prepared duck perfectly cooked. My wife chose a very tender beef casserole with a flaked pastry topping. Following this, we chose to share baked ice cream and cheese board. The cheeses well mixed and balanced of the highest delicatessen quality. Accompanied with a couple of Scottish beers and finished off with a malt whisky. Wonderful attentive service, knowledgeable on wines and cheeses on offer. All in all Somerville wine room, is a unique dining experience, reasonably priced and is well worth a visit

1  Thank maplethistle