Sandman Hotel Edmonton West
Union Bank Inn(Edmonton)
US$157
US$146
  • Breakfast included
All reviewstower rooms aredennys restaurantwasher dryerwalk in showerking suitequick checkbreakfast barstaying at this hotelupon checkenjoyed my stayreno
Reviewed 29 December 2008

When we got to our rooms they were very cold the one room the kids were laughting because they could see there breath.So I took cushions off of the chester feild and blocked off the air conditioner openings where the cold air was comming from and told the mannager.We called the desk for more blankets whitch never did come.My grande daughter and her friend went for a swim and when the got out of the pool there suits were white there was to much cloarrine in the pool.

I told the mannager about the problems and he did not even say the he was sorry abouyt the problems and then when I went to pay for the rooms there was a fee of .75 for phoning your 888 number to come plain about the service.To this day I have not received a call from anyone to appaligise forany of my complaints so I well be advising my company of this matter and they well probly cancle all accounts with Sandman Inns across Canada.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank lsnis
Reviewed 27 July 2008

This is an awful hotel. The room was gross!
1. I was super dirty. We have a 2 year old who was playing cars on the floor and it looks as if they have never vacuumed behind anything...maybe they don't realize the chairs are moveable!!!!

2. We didn't get our requested crib, which sometimes happens, but our room was so small with a (what we assume a furnace room in our room) made it even smaller. We had to have the baby sleep on the floor, when we asked for blankets to be ale to put him on, they brought us used blankets off of another bed....NICE!!!! Our baby woke up with what we assume were 2 spider bites, which was awful, one on his ear and one on his hand....which lasted about 10 days!!!!

3. What air conditioning??? It was super hot in there all night, and unless you are directly in front of the air conditioner, you will not notice it.

4. All around the hotel looks nice on the outside the lobby is beautiful, the pool area is beautiful...but don't let that fool you, the rooms are not up to standard and unless you are booking the lobby....stay somewhere else. We booked across the street at the HILTON...... $10.00 more per night, but 100% worth it!!! Excellent service and staff.

-book somewhere else!!!

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank girlysummer
gm_edmonton, Manager at Sandman Hotel Edmonton West, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2008

Thank you for your comment, we have updated the checks and balances to ensure something like this does not happen again. The A/C units are being updated with bigger units to keep rooms cool in extreme heat that we experienced in the 2008 Summer in Edmonton. The hotel is undergoing major updates and upon completion will all have updated amenities and décor to match the nice lobby and pool area as mentioned in comments.

Reviewed 30 April 2008

We stayed there while on a medical trip for my daughter. The rooms were dirty, old and were in some need of some updates and TLC! The staff were not helpful. We had asked for some more towels because of a 4 month old and never did get them. However, the Denny's next door was AMAZING! Our waitress was awesome. Do yourself a favor and find another hotel. It's not worth the money. We always stay at the Sandman Hotel in Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada, and it is 1000 times better! It's beautiful so we thought we couldn't go wrong. Well, a BIG DISAPOINTMENT. The room was very small. There was no remote for the TV. Horrible.

Stayed: January 2007
1  Thank Mommy2007
Reviewed 6 April 2008

What I liked:
The lobby is nice, the employees are friendly and professional, the pool is outstanding. The bar to hang things in the closet broke as I took my coat off of it-I reported it and it was repaired quickly.
What I didn't like:
The room wasn't as clean as I would've liked. There was something that looked like blood on the curtain, the glasses in the room weren't clean, and the windows needed a good cleaning inside and out. One of the beds had a nail coming out of a wood piece on the frame-we had kids in the room that could've stepped on it. We didn't notice until we were leaving. The rooms are in desperate need of an upgrade. The walls/doors are thin and you hear every noise going on in the halls. Also, there was a faint smell of smoke when you walk out into the hallway.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 March 2008

Possibly the worst hotel experience we've ever had. First of all, we made the MISTAKE of booking online. Apparently, booking online with this hotel means that no matter how TERRIBLE the service is or how DISGUSTING the rooms are, the rate can not be changed. Secondly, our room was not ready until after 5 pm. Extremely INCONVENIENT. Furthermore, it was absolutely FILTHY. There was pubic hair all over the bathroom, even in the sink. We were APPALLED and will NEVER stay anywhere even close to this hotel again. PATHETIC.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with friends