“Good spot to go” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Coast Edmonton Plaza Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Coast Edmonton Plaza Hotel
Ranked #13 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
GreenLeadersSilver level
Yellowknife, Canada
“Good spot to go”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

I came to Edmonton on Saturday Dec 28, for a hockey game, the Harry potter Exhibition at the Telus world of science, and shopping over the weekend. I found the hotel to be clean, very nice and welcoming. I recieved an early check-in which was great after being up and traveling since 4am.

The room (a King bed), was comfortable, well decorated and I was happy to stay here. The only things i found difficult at first were operating the elevator (it's by room key only, so make sure you always have your key with you), The shower was finicky and took awhile to heat up. When I turned it on the pipes made a bit of noise, but it wasnt super disruptive. Also, the heater/fan in my room made a fair bit of noise (a friend that came and visited me also mentioned the heater seemed loud).

I had breakfast my first morning at the restaurant and it was good service, quick food that was tasty.

I understand this place has a pool and gym, though I did not use it. And as I was there on a weekend I was not able to go to the spa attached as it is closed on Mondays.

I found this to be a good central location. I went to Kingsway mall for a 10$ cab ride each way, and walked to the city center mall and it was not an uncomfortable distance. A walk to the (Corona stop for the) LRT to Hexall Arena for the hockey game was only a very short distance.

Staff was polite, and kind, and one Front Desk gentleman that worked the evening of the 28th was super helpful in getting me a map, and helping me figure out bus routes and showing me places to go.

All in all, I would certainly stay here again and reccomend it to everyone.

Room Tip: Ask for a microwave and if available they will have one placed in your room.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
  • Korean first
Calgary
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013

This hotel was very friendly and the kids love it as per usual. They are greated warmly when they arrive and the restaurant staff interacts and makes them feel very welcomed. Great pool, clean rooms, walking distance from Sobeys which is a great grocery store to get food for kids when travelling. The pillows and duvets are amazing. Thank you to the staff who made our staff wonderful as always.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Saskatoon, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013

I was In and out for business on an over nighter. I got good service at desk. The room was clean and everything looked to be in order. Parking was a bit of a trick but they got me taken care of eventually.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Corozal Town, Belize
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2013

We enjoyed our stay here, from the concierge's great sunny attitude to the other staff's smiles and guidance in finding our way around. The room was more than adequate, neat, clean and suitably cleaned on a daily basis. We were here for close to a week. The hotel is well located to peruse downtown, find restaurants, the Art Gallery, shopping, banking and just to walk around. The pool is not grand but hey it is wet and clean. Never took advantage of the Spa but wish we had. The lobby includes a small convenience store and the bar serve some fine delicacies and good beer - all with a smile. The dining area is comfortable and service is efficient and cordial.
Yes, we would, and will, stay here again when next we visit family and friends in Edmonton.

Room Tip: The hotel was renovating the dining area during part of our stay so it may be even better than when...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

The Coast is a business hotel, and a basic one at that.

The lobby and reception area are nice, not fancy. There is a small shop to buy essentials that you may have forgotten.

Parking is easy in the connected lot, although the hotel is merely a client --> If you ever have any issues in the parkade, there is a little bit of a run around that happens to connect with the right person.

The rooms are basic. Lighting is poor, but furnishings are comfortable. Bathrooms are basic, and some appear to be aging more rapidly than others.

Food is also... wait for it... basic. Room service menu is only available through the Coast website, it is not provided in room. Service is quick, flavours lacking, price is OK if you get to expense it.

There is a small Sobey's location just around the corner on Jasper Ave where you can grab a couple of snacks and drinks.

I stay at this hotel twice each month on business. If I was travelling on my dime with my choice, I would pay a little bit more for something a little bit nicer.

Room Tip: It never hurts to ask for an upgrade, especially if you are arriving later in the day.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank BizTrippingDad
Houston
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2013

The hotel was clean. The impression was that all was measured. The amenities were sufficient to a point. There was not a sense of indulgence. Practical. The lighting in the room was not enjoyable; there were lamps on or along the walls, hardly enough light to unpack well.
The breakfast was good enough. The dinner was surprisingly good.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Henry M
Calgary, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013

Right from check in, it was bad. When asked to have my Coast reward points number added to my stay, I was "told" by the front desk person that I should have done that when I booked the room, and then she made it seem like that she was doing me a huge favour by doing then (don't worry I won't be using my coast rewards points any time soon now) The room was dark, dated, and there was no hot water! No hot water! I've stayed at super 8 motels that had more hot water! Then the pop machine on my floor, started beeping, and because my room was right by the elevator and the pop machine, despite me requesting a room far away from the elevator when I initially booked the room. I went down to the front desk and told them about the annoying beeping pop machine and was told it would be fixed right away. I leave the hotel, come back 4 hours later and the machine is still beeping, so I call down and asked when they plan on fixing it. 3 hours after that, maintenance comes up and unplugs the machine instead of actually fixing the problem. Overall, worst stay at any hotel I have ever stayed in.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business