Coast Edmonton Plaza Hotel by APA
US$112
US$107
Agoda.com
1,177 results
All reviewsshuttle serviceroom was cleansteam roomdowntown locationoilers gamebreakfast buffetunderground parkingfront desk staffroom ratewould stay againbusiness triphot tubbidetrogerslrtloungeconcert
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I understand not all the rooms have been renovated. I understand some of the reviews on this page are a little low -- and some are baffled at the inconsistency of reviews. I would attribute this to the fact that certain floors have been renovated. I can say that if you stay on the 14th floor, you will not be disappointed.

These suites have newly appointed kitchenettes (though no stove), with a microwave, a fridge, and generous counter space, and a sink. There are tall bar stools for the counter. The living room is large and spacious with couches and a large center footrest that can double as a coffee table. There is a small desk and a flat screen television. The bedroom is smaller, with its own TV as well. The washroom is medium sized and the water pressure remarkably good. There are air conditioners in each room.

I always appreciate a hotel that has provisions for when one forgets his/her toothbrush and toothpaste. You can see a hotel's attention to quality by what they provide when this happens. A travel sized toothpaste can be picked up at the front desk as well as a disposal toothbrush.

Complaints: The bed is not the most comfortable. I am not a picky sleeper, but I had trouble sleeping and getting comfortable one of the nights.

The second complaint is that the two elevators available are almost unacceptably slow.

The service was terrific however: Friendly, helpful staff.

Room Tip: Very important to get on a higher floor, like the 14th. Lower floors may not yet be renovated.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank OutOfTheCase
Reviewed 3 July 2014

A large group of family and friends (in town for a wedding) stayed here in a variety of room types, and I heard no complaints from anyone about their accommodations. I saw inside a variety of rooms, and all seemed good. Staff seemed friendly. Housekeeping was good. The downtown location is convenient (although beware of night-time activities in the park next door). Parking was an extra charge, but at least it was secure. Overall, no complaints. The breakfast buffet was good, hot , tasty, and of average price.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I not a big fan of Edmonton city, but staying in this hotel brings in some joy and this time I can say that I had some good flavour of the surroundings. The hotel is clean, tidy and room service is superb. the parking slots are available all the time. I have not had the chance to try the in house spa etc as I was busy conducting some business in the city, but I am sure facilities here are up to the business and satisfactory. Food is good and they cater a variety of foods. The only problem from my perspective is the transport system in the city. If you want more freedom in movement and to explore the city, although nothing much in Edmonton, then I will advice hiring a car. The location of this hotel is another bonus, as it's located in the heart of Edmonton downtown. There few restaurants around and if you have special dietary requirement then you have to make extra effort to get to the nearby specialty restaurants as in my case and your car would be very essential. All in all it was positive experience staying in this place and I would recommend it without reservation. One last thing, air-condition was absolutely brilliant especially in summer time. Edmonton in summer can be sticky hot sometimes. I don't advice anyone to come in and visit Edmonton in winter time.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Was up in Edmonton to meet a new client and took a suite at the Coast Plaza, and was not disappointed. The Check-in and check-out was fast and friendly. The room on the 21st floor was clean, Spacious, and very comfortable. The food at the bar and in the restaurant was very good but a bit overpriced for the portion size, by about 10 to 15% In my Option. the inside parking was safe and Secure but again overpriced at $18.95 per night. The base rate for the Suite was $291.00 but that did include 2 free buffet breakfast's. that were very good. and lots of selection including eggs Benedict juice milk coffee fruit. two other types of eggs etc. All the staff were very friendly and helpful. Including the trainee at the reception whose name escapes me. I would defiantly stay here again

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Coast Hotels
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed 4 nights in a queen suite. I have mixed reviews for this hotel. We had a few issues, like a dirty duvet which I had to ask be replaced. It shouldn't have been put on the bed in the first place. Everything appears clean but if you look closely, you'll find someone else's hair on the bathroom floor, dirty bed skirts etc.

Pros:
¤ Friendly staff
¤ Comfortable beds
¤ Quick to address issues
¤ Spacious room
¤ Quiet, even on a weekend

Cons:
¤ $20 daily parking fee
¤ Dirty pool area with no towels (had to call 3x to get towels brought)

¤ Bathroom not properly cleaned (hair behind door, dusty fan)

I would recommend this hotel if you can get a good deal ie: don't pay $120/night! It's dated, needs updating (bathroom especially).
Convenient location overall.
Subway, Boston pizza & tim's within a block.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family