“West Edmonton Mall Inn”

West Edmonton Mall Inn
Ranked #57 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Just spent 5 Days at the West Edmonton Mall Inn with my kids. The hotel is as billed, very basic, but if you are going to the mall it is a fantastic location. The Hotel is located directly across the street from Bourbon Street Entrance to the mall, and is about 150m away, so you dont need to drive, use transit or cabs, which is very convenient. The hotel staff was very pleasant, and accomodating, as we were able to check our bags at the hotel after we checked out, as our flight left later, with no issues. The room was clean, and adequate. There was a continental breakfast which was basic, but still fresh free coffee, toast, OJ and some fruit every morning was okay. I would go back again as I found the hotel fine.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 21 March 2014

This place is in desperate need of an update. Heat barely works and the shower is the size of a broom-closet. On the upside, the beds are very comfortable and the wf-fi is quite good. All-in-all, it's a little pricey for what you get.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

Cheap hotel, friendly staff. Breakfast was toast or apples, with warm orange juice. Great place if you are out partying with the boys and need a place to crash. Rooms are clean. Close to west Edmonton mall, discount for AMA members. To bad the inn does not have a restaurant.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Matt T
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Stayed here this past Saturday in an adjoining room with another family. On the positive side, the staff was very friendly and attentive to our needs upon arrival. On the downside the staff/ security need to be much more aware of the activities that take place in the night. My family and our friends were rudely awakened at 2:30 am by the loud partiers in the hallway that had no regard for anyone else that may be staying there and trying to sleep and keep their kids sleeping. Does the hotel not control access and monitor the halls at night as most do? They did offer us a discount on our stay for the inconvenience which was appreciated, but don't think we will stay there again.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 January 2014

Parking lot is kind of cramped, and a lot of the big trucks had taken up more than one parking spot. The hotel appears to be a bit older but there does appear to be quite a few upgrades. The lobby and hallways were nice, carpet could stand to be replaced, it wasn't really dirty, just old and a little worn The front desk agents were polite, although they could have been a little more animated and excited to see guests. The room was quite nice considering the impression I originally got from when I walked into the hotel. Nice updated furniture (not old at all) and the housekeeping staff had done a nice job making sure everything was tidy. I loved the print in the bathroom of the water park in the mall, very nice touch! Also, the toiletries were nice! I liked the Match, Stay and Play package we got as well. It was a good package for what we had planned to do in Edmonton. My husband and I both agreed we would stay there again.

Room Tip: I would recommend talking with the front desk about underground parking so you aren't having to...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Rebecca J
Reviewed 8 January 2014

This hotel is new and comfortable. The rooms are spacious and clean. We were here for New Year's Eve and it was pleasant and quiet. I found the staff to be gracious. If I needed a basic hotel room in Edmonton, I would stay here again.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank marielle_11
Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

We had drove 12 hours to Edmonton because my friend had a medical appointment that was going to take 2 weeks, we had previously booked a reservation with days inn which had screwed up our dates and canceled our reservation and didn't even call us. Anyways we were stuck in Edmonton during a very busy time with no where to stay. We just decided to try the west Edmonton inn and they not only could get us in right away but had room to book us for 2 weeks.
The room was very clean same with the bathroom and the staff was amazing. They were so kind and went out of their ways to make us comfortable really appreciate that.
It had a great location right across from the mall and also had a cute little park behind it. I have nothing but great things to say about this hotel.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Suzie C
Fantasyland H, General Manager at West Edmonton Mall Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Thank you very much for this excellent review. It gives us great pleasure to know that we were able to accommodate you on such short notice. A very clean room, amazing staff, great location to the West Edmonton Mall is exactly what we are aiming for you to experience. I will gladly share your comment with the entire team. We hope to have another opportunity in the future.