“Fancy pizza place”

Famoso Neapolitan Pizzeria
Reserve with OpenTable
Famoso Neapolitan Pizzeria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #851 of 2,555 Restaurants in Edmonton
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Famoso is a casual pizzeria serving authentic Neapolitan pizzas made with high quality ingredients in a domed Italian oven. Ideal for a quick lunch or a night out. Enjoy with wine, cocktails and beer.
Reviewed 12 December 2013 via mobile

This is a nice place to go if you're celebrating a friends birthday or going on a date. It is more expensive but it just feels fancier than a typical pizza place. Not a fan of their high tables and chairs but if you can find one if the lower tables, they seem to be more comfy

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Not your standard pizza place... Soups and salads are delicious, service is very good, price is reasonable

Reviewed 3 September 2013

My daughters and I enjoy eating at Famoso in South Edmonton Common whenever we are in the City. We were there on Sept 1, 2013 while back to school shopping. Famoso was a "must stop" on our trip. The Caesar salad is amazing. The crisp prosciutto is addicting. We also had the prosciutto wrapped mozzarella balls baked in marinara. Oh my! We were scooping the marinara up by the spoonful.

A suggestion....the roasted tomato bisque soup has a bit of spice to it. Maybe put a flame beside it to let people know. My youngest wanted to order it but we weren't sure if she would like it. I had it with my small prosciutto arugula sandwich so she tried it. It was definitely too spicy for her.

A big thank you to the friendly staff. As we were leaving, my older daughter dropped her gelato. I went to get her another and was willing to pay for it. She was given another scoop for free!

I definitely recommend Famoso whether its for a quick bite while shopping or on a date.

Reviewed 16 May 2013

Different from your typical pizza joint. It's very Italian, ingredients are brought in from Italy. Pizza is cooked at high temps for a short period of time. They have great dips and salads too. The Italian sodas were refreshing. Can't wait to go back.

Reviewed 12 April 2013

Great place! Delicious food. Try the Famoso salad. The desserts there are so decadent. Between the salads and pizza you are in heaven! Also try the mozzarella balls as an appetizer. Portions are very generous so bring a friend.