“Great accommodations”

Ranked #32 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Calgary, Canada
“Great accommodations”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

My daughter and I recently stayed at the yellowhead inn and I would have to say I was pleasantly surprised. After a long drive from Calgary it was nice when we were greeted by friendly and accommodating staff. We were checked in quickly and the front desk agent Shannon was very helpful with the questions I had. The room was very nice and clean. I really liked that they had a laundry room available for guests too. While I was there I also inquired about banquet rooms. As it was the weekend the manger was not in but Shannon was kind enough to show me the ball room. It was also very nice to see that the hotel does have security who is so willing to help. When I needed some towels I called the front desk and the security guard Taylor was quick and pleasant when bringing them to me. I would defiantly recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed May 2014
Yellowheadinn, Manager at Yellowhead Inn, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and we are happy that you received exceptional service from the staff at the hotel. We are happy you enjoyed your room and we met all of your needs. We very much look forward to having you stay with us in the future.

Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 10 May 2014

First I would like to say that I read the reviews on trip advisor before I booked. From the reviews from last year this looked good so I booked for one night of girls night out. So walking up to the front desk you are not welcomed or there is no friendly smile. A pretty young girl is busy talking to another staff member, we wait for a few minutes and then she turns to speak to us with yes! We proceed to say we have booked a room, Name..we provided that nothing..then proceed to ask for a credit card then our room keys.
Still no smile, room 230 she then told us how to get to the elevator still no smile. Ok I must have read the reviews incorrectly, holes in the curtains, dingy, smelt funny, my friends sheet was torn this room was not one that had renos done. We decided that the gal at the desk would not probable change our room so we decided that for the time it would take we will just keep the room. Would we stay again, probably not..

Room Tip: We had trains wake us up ask to be on the front side
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Yellowheadinn, Manager at Yellowhead Inn, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. We have definitely renovated a lot of rooms and lobby and am sorry you did not receive one. I want to apologize that you did not receive service with a smile as this is definitely not how we want our guests to feel. I will be bringing all your concerns directly with the general Manager and he will deal with these. I hope that you will give us another chance to show you
that the Yellowhead Inn has changed and our customer service is exceptional.
Chilliwak
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Me & my husband had stayed at the yellowhead inn on our way through Edmonton & although it wouldn't have been my first choice of hotels, it was the most convenient and i was pleasantly surprised! The lobby was recently renovated so it definitely had that 4 star feel to it. Alyk, the front desk agent working at the time was very nice & quick to check us in even though me & my husband didnt have a prior reservation. she was also very helpful directing us to the nearest casino (which conveniently enough is located right across the street). Internet was slightly choppy but we were only there for a good nights rest so it didnt really matter. Rooms were clean, front desk service was great, convenient location. All in all, me & my husband will absolutely be staying here again on our next trip through Edmonton.

• Stayed April 2014
Yellowheadinn, Manager at Yellowhead Inn, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Dear Guest, Thank you for your wonderful review we are happy you had a wonderful stay with us.
It is very nice to hear that our front desk staff did an exceptional job taking care of you while you were with us. We very much look forward to you returning back to the hotel i the near future.

Manager
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Bathtub had scum on the walls and around the tub.
Truly a Truckers Hotel.
Internet took a few hours to connect. Was told the computer tech was in at 8pm and would fix it then.
The elevator smelt funny

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Yellowheadinn, Manager at Yellowhead Inn, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I will bring all of your concerns directly to the GM of the Hotel and he will
these issues with Housekeeping and our Janitorial people. We hope you will give Yellowhead another chance as we proud ourselves on having clean rooms for our guests . Thank you again
and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Beaumont, Canada
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

I don't know what that previous single mom is talking about...
Tristan, the manager, is hilarious and did everything he could to make our stay excellent. It sounds to me like "single mom" is rude and not willing to see the good through a building in transition... She probably also doesn't have a sense of humour if she thought Tristan wasn't suitable... He's awesome!! He showed my 2-year-old girl where the huge platter of cookies was kept and they snuck a whole bunch together!

The building is going through renovations but is definitely on it's way up. It looks so much better than it did before (I stayed years ago)
Probably the friendliest staff I've ever met and right across the street from a Costco! (Who doesn't love a Costco that close?!)

It's not the Hilton, but you should know that from the off-the-trucking-highway and near the rail-road-tracks, right "single mom"?

It's a comfy room to sleep with nice people to help.

Stayed March 2014
Yellowheadinn, Manager at Yellowhead Inn, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Thank you for your review we are happy that you enjoy your stay with us when you
are at the Yellowhead Inn.

Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I am a single mother that unfortunatly stayed at the Yellowhead a while back. My daughter and I had to come to Edmonton for a funeral and booked a room at the Yelliwhead for two nights. When we arrived the front desk was pretty good and checked us in. We proceeded to our room and found a very old, stale, smoke smelling room, with people yelling at each other in the hall way. I did not feel safe at all. I called the front desk to ask for security to be informed that there wasn't any. So we stayed in our room until in got quiet. My daughter and I wanted to go down to the resturaunt to eat. On the way down my daughter was approached by a very intoxicated man in the hall way and had to run back to the room where I was. I took here and when back to the front desk to tell them about the issue. There I met Tristan. He said that he was the manager.
ATTENTION FAMILIES!!!!!! THIS EXCUSE FOR A MANAGER TRISTAN! !!! PROCEEDED TO EMBERRAS MY DAUGHTER AND I AND MAKE FUN OF ME IN FRONT OF HER, SAYING THAT I SHOULD HAVE BOOKED A RENOVATED ROOM BECAUSE THERE ARE quote, BETTER PEOPLE OVER THERE! I told him that I couldnt afford the extra. HE LAUGHED AT ME AND SAID THATS NOT HIS PROBLEM! What kind of a MANAGER says that to anyone, and doesnt care about he going ons in his dump of a motel. We went back to our room packed our thing and left. TRIATAS EVEN REFUSED TO GIVE US BACK OUR DEPOSIT!!!
THIS WAS ONE OF THE WORST EXPERIENCES OF MY LIFE!! I have never been so humiliated in my lfe.

Room Tip: Single mothers and families do not stay here....
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank humiliated m
Yellowheadinn, Manager at Yellowhead Inn, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear Guest, Hi my name is Crystal I am the Revenue Manager
of the Yellowhead Inn and I am reaching out to you regarding your review I don't want any guest staying at the Yellowhead to not be dealt with in the hospitable way . I have brought your review to the General Manager and the Owners of the hotel and Mr. Cameron would like to speak with you directly as we are all very concerned how you were dealt with. I have emailed you with his direct phone number and hope that you will reach out to him as we want you to know that we defiantly stand behind our guests and want their experiences to be a pleasurable one and if not we need to fix this for you. Please contact Mr. Cameron so we can assist you with all of your concerns.

Brandon, Canada
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

Had an excellent stay at the yellowhed. The staff was friendly and very well manared. The bar had great service. Trisha the bartender was very quik with my beer and knew the menu inside and out. She was able to tell me what was good to order and was bang on. Overall I jad a great experience with this hotel

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review, we are glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to having you return.

Crystal
Also consider these accommodations in or near Edmonton
Chateau Nova Yellowhead
Place LaRue
Best Western Plus Westwood Inn
St Albert Inn and Suites
#2 of 3 in St. Albert

Been to Yellowhead Inn? Share your experiences!