“Great view, good sized rooms and great service!”

Courtyard Edmonton Downtown
Ranked #36 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Montreal, Canada
“Great view, good sized rooms and great service!”
Reviewed 30 December 2013

My room was huge, toasty and had a great view of the river. Really nice for watching the sunset and sunrise. Decor was lovely, service was great, and I felt very secure.
Breakfast was reasonably priced and delicious.
Fitness center was perfect for my needs and clean as well!
In all I had a great stay and would definitely come back!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Edmonton Downtown, responded to this review, 5 January 2014
AZS1989,
We appreciate your review and thank you for choosing Courtyard Edmonton. We're pleased to know you had a great stay and found our spacious accommodations and variety of amenities perfect for your needs. We hope to welcome you back again soon. Thank you again for writing.

Salil Kulkarni, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
  • Korean first
Sosua, Dominican Republic
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Recently spent a frigid week at this hotel. The room was big and with glass on two sides some very good views of the river and downtown. However there was problems with the heat in the room and after two cold nights I had them provide me with an electric portable heater. In talking to the heating repair guy he said in cold weather it was hard to generate enough hot air to reach the upper floors, I was on the 12th floor.

Service was very good but I was surprised that no in room safes and I had to use a safety deposit box at the main desk area. The box was also very small so my laptop had no chance of fitting.

The breakfast buffet was adequate but a bit boring and did not vary at all from one day to the next and the restaurant prices for dinner were a bit high. There were lots of restaurants in the area however and I found a favorite in Sherlock Holms pub

The location was great with a short one block walk to the underground pedestrian walk way and another short one block walk underground to the LRT system. The city center shopping mall and movie theater two blocks away.

If in town I would stay there again, but ask for portable heater in the winter when I checked in.

BObK

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Edmonton Downtown, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
B0bK,
We appreciate you sharing feedback from your experience. We're happy to have had you as our guest, and we're glad our location and service made for an enjoyable stay. I sincerely apologize for any inconveniences you experienced during your visit. Your feedback is important to us as guest satisfaction is our highest priority. We value you as our guest and do hope to welcome you back as our guest again in the future. Thank you once again for writing.

BC
Reviewed 9 December 2013

My initial impressions of this hotel was being shocked it was a Marriott property. Seemed like a Super 8 type hotel. It is Category 2, and I have never stayed in a property below category 5 before, so perhaps my expectations were unrealistic.

But the service from everyone was second to none. It was as good as at the best Marriott’s (and Fairmont’s) I have stayed at.

There is not enough counter space in the bathrooms - just a thin strip along the wall. And the toiletries are sparse / lower quality than other Marriott’s. Bed did not have clean sheets when I checked in. I took a picture and showed it to the front desk - it was immediately changed.

The sleep quality was as good as at every other Marriott - very good.

There is no concierge lounge. TV was pretty small. Not a big deal.

Location was excellent for meetings downtown, and river view was great. Price was also reasonable. I just visited the Fairmont Lounge when I wanted, and returned for a peaceful, good sleep at the Marriott.

The lounge / restaurant does not look like much. But again - the service was excellent. And the lunch special was outstanding. A real welcome surprise. Prices were reasonable. I was there during a snow storm, but it was no hardship at all eating at the hotel. Great view of the river too.

On check out the service was again outstanding. I had a few special needs - they were met willingly and without question.

By the time I left, the people and the Lounge food had changed my impression completely. I would stay here again, as it is good quality and the prices are right.

If the price was comparable to the Westin or Fairmont I will try them next time.

Room Tip: River view room. Take Skyshuttle from Airport - $18. Taxi $55
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Leavethesn0wbehind,
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback from your experience with us at Courtyard Edmonton. Detailed reflections like yours gives us opportunities for improving our guest experience, as well as great talking pieces to commend our staff on their excellence in service. We value you as our guest and we're pleased to know you would stay with us again in the future. Thank you again for writing.

New Brunswick, Canada
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I stayed here during a business conference and I have to say the customer service really stood out. On the final evening I was there (after 5 nights) I got very sick and had to call down to the reception for help. They sent the concierge out in a snowstorm to buy me some medication at 3am. Not all hotels would do that for a customer and I was very appreciative.

As for the hotel itself... The rooms are bright and clean. The beds are comfortable and there is a mini fridge in the room. I will return to this hotel in the future when staying for business.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Elecis
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Edmonton Downtown, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Elecis,
We appreciate you selecting Courtyard Edmonton while traveling for business, and we thank you for writing a review from your visit. It's fantastic to receive your kind comments regarding our staff's excellence in service. We have a dedicated team of associates that strive daily to exceed our guest's expectations. I look forward to sharing your complimentary feedback with our team, and we hope to welcome you back again soon. Thank you again for writing.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Being a frequent traveler and also a loyal Marriott Platinum Member, its easy to point out excellent customer service and also something on the other end. My family and I had to unfortunately experience something that was not so positive at this place. I will definitely not stay at this particular location and in my personal opinion would warn others, especially if you are traveling with family.

Room Tip: If traveling in Winter especially with a baby, choose a room that has proper heating outlets and in...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Vish I
Georgetown, Ontario
Reviewed 20 November 2013

stayed here twice for 5 nights each time while on business. very reasonable rates for a downtown hotel. a relatively new property with very clean and comfortable rooms. a good location for downtown office buildings and restaurants, and located right beside the Shaw conference centre. Starbucks within 2 blocks and Sobey's (grocery store) about 6 blocks away. Wi-fi is reliable. I'll definitely stay here again when in Edmonton.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Edmonton Downtown, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Vacationbug87,
Thank you for your review and returned visits with us at Courtyard Edmonton. We're happy to hear that our clean accommodations and great location add comfort and convenience to your business travels. We look forward to welcoming you back as our guest on your next trip to Edmonton. Thank you again.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 16 November 2013

I cannot compliment the staff at this hotel enough. They are professional, welcoming, and efficient. I have been staying here on & off for almost a year and these folks bend over backwards to be helpful and engaging. Can't say enough good things about the staff.
Rooms are excellently appointed and very clean. If budget allows, go for the North Saskatchewan River view. You may even see a moose swimming upstream.
Food is very good but a few more "light" menu choices would be appreciated. Very good breakfast buffet or a la carte. Nice bar area. Enterprise car rental right next door.
Never any hassle about storing a bag for us repeat residents.
if you are staying a weekend, or have a free night, try a walk in the river valley right below. If you are a music/play/art buff, it is all within 2 blocks of the hotel. great restaurants around within walking distance.

Room Tip: Use the high speed internet access - it may cost a few $ but is worth it. If you have a car, the val...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Xisplayer2013,
Thank you for sharing feedback from your experience at Courtyard Edmonton. It's fantastic to hear all the aspects that make your repeat stays enjoyable. We thank you for your compliments regarding our hotel, but more importantly, our staff. Each member of our team strives daily to provide an exceptional stay for each guest with genuine and hospitable service. We enjoy having you as our guest, and we hope to see you again soon. Thank you once again for your review and continued patronage.