“Great stay again. ”

Courtyard Edmonton Downtown
Ranked #36 of 91 Hotels in Edmonton
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here again for a real estate event going on next door. Upon arrival we realized we made the reservation for the wrong weekend. The friendly staff was quick to find us another room at a rate lower than before!

In the morning we enjoyed a lovely breakfast overlooking the valley in Edmonton. This hotel has an excellent view and it was too bad it wasn't patio season because they has a great patio!

Our room was good. It had all the basic amenities and was clean. Again, we had a great view from the 9th floor.

We are certain we will stay here again when we come to Edmonton for a real estate event.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Edmonton Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Seanbh,
Thank you for your review and return visit to Courtyard Edmonton. It's great to hear we were able to assist with correcting your reservations. We're glad our beautiful views and accommodations made for another great stay. We look forward to welcoming you back when you return for your real estate event. Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

I come to Edmonton atleast 4 to 5 times a year for work and this is the first time I stayed here as I got a good deal online. I used to stay at the Coast House before they shut it down and looks like I just found a new place. Really loved the location of the hotel especially the open patio lounge that over looks the river. The food was just fantastic and staff was very friendly and welcoming. It was a bit noisy that day because of some music festival crowd staying in the hotel but the one thing I liked was the hotel had kept them on seperate floor and us (non party people) on higher floors so we never got disturbed. Nice planning is what I would say. The housekeeping staff was lovely and always questioned me if I was comfortable. I generally dont see that in other places. Very surprising but got a great last minute rate, lovely room with just picturesque view, yummy food, friendly service and nice weekend.Wish it was warmer but I guess its Edmonton... Would love to visit again as far as I keep getting an affordable rate.

Room Tip: Ask for view overlooking the patio those are generally river views is what I feel.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

ABRAKA2014,
We appreciate the opportunity to serve your hotel needs at Courtyard Edmonton, and thank you for your review. We're thrilled to hear your first visit was memorable, and that the warm hospitality of our staff played a part. We hope to welcome you back again soon. Thank you again for writing.

Salil Kulkarni, General

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Typical Marriott experience, with excellent friendly staff and a Warm atmosphere. The front desk staff and valet staff were very effective. The hotel was warm, actually I mean hot, even with the in room heat turned off, the lack of actionable windows made the room hot and stuffy. The furnishings and internet service were top notch as was the water pressure regarding the shower. The price paid for the room was a great value and the view over the North Saskatchewan River is very nice.

Room Tip: Ask for a handicap accessible room as they are larger.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Edmonton Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Bryanharnett,
Thank you for sharing feedback from your Courtyard Edmonton Downtown experience. It is fantastic to know that we delivered the warm hospitality and wonderful facilities that you have come to expect from our brand. We appreciate hearing from you and hope you’ll visit us again soon. Thanks again.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

I stayed in the hotel for 5 days and i have nothing but praise for the staff and the facility. The room is clean and lovely, the ambiance is just perfect for relaxing at the end of the day. Each staff, from the reception, to the cleaners are very friendly and approachable. Anybody will feel welcome and at ease in this hotel. I was even greeted and welcomed by the Gen. Manager Mr. Kulkarni during my check-in, and i noticed that he personally would assists guests in the reception area, which is very commendable! I requested for a particular wine one night, although it wasnt available in the bar, the manager took the extra-effort to have it delivered. I would like to give my heartfelt gratitude for the kindness of the General Manager and the whole staff! Keep up the excellent service. I will definitely come back and recommend this hotel to my family and friends!

• Stayed: May 2014

Kyla777,
It’s great to hear from you! Thank you for your review and recommendations of Courtyard Edmonton! Our staff makes sincere hospitality their priority and I appreciate you taking the time to recognize the excellent service you received during your stay. It was my pleasure go host you as our guest and we hope to welcome you back in the future. Thanks again.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

This hotel had incredible views of the river and the city. Very walkable to restaurants in the area. The hotel staff is friendly. The breakfast for $15 for the buffet was not bad and as a bonus the the views from the restaurant were amazing. Ask for a hotel facing the river.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Edmonton Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

GlobalTCK,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It’s great to know our views of the river and city made for a memorable experience. We hope you’ll visit us again at Courtyard Edmonton Downtown. Thank you again for writing.

Kind regards

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Being diabetic , when I want a soda I need diet, this hotel does not carry diet drinks, they say they have them in their machines on each floor , but they are either broken or out of stock. The management of this hotel is not on the ball. I stay at marriotts exclusively, but never this one again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank andre1957
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Edmonton Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

andre1957,
I appreciate your feedback and thank you for bringing this concern to my attention It's unfortunate to hear that we did not have diet soda available and I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced as a result. These details definitely do make a trip and we regret we missed the mark during your stay.

Our vending machine company inspected all machines and made repairs in order to prevent such occurrences in the future. The machines are refilled weekly and will be monitored to ensure we're doing all we can to serve our guests. Thank you once again for your feedback as we strive to consistently provide exceptional guest experiences. We do hope you'll consider staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Check I was fast and efficient ,tv in room could not get any channels clearly and no volume, I called downstairs and no came to fix it . It never worked the whole time, and I would not use the valet we called 15 minutes down for mine and my brothers vehicle they didn't have their vehicle running and had to search for his keys for about 15 min and finally his wife went through their drawer and found them, they did not bring my vehicle up and when we walked to get our truck they had locked the keys in the unit, thank goodness I have on star on it! But I waited to see if they would offer to call a locksmith to come and open it but they didn't ! The location is great and the room clean but again no tv and no one to get it going, probably wouldn't stay there again,

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Dave N
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Edmonton Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Dave N,
Thank you for writing. I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced and would like to speak with you directly regarding the issues you encountered during your stay. We value you as our guest and hope to restore your faith in our hotel and service team. This is also a training opportunity for the team. Thank you again.