“Clean hotel, amazing view”

Courtyard Edmonton Downtown
Ranked #35 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
“Clean hotel, amazing view”
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here after having a bad experience with another Edmonton hotel. We phoned at 1930 and asked if they had vacancy. They did so we drove straight there and we're checked in quickly. I asked for a river view and she stated they were out of those rooms but would give us a very nice room. We got up to our room and it was a corner room where we could see the river from two angles, beautiful. It was super clean, bed comfy and all in all comfortable. Nothing extravagant, only complaint is parking is so expensive but otherwise great experience.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Adrian R
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Edmonton Downtown, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Adrian R,

We appreciate you taking the time to review your experience. Our team understands and believes that our guests deserve a pleasant stay and we continue to seek new ways to impress. I will be sure to share your nice comments with our associates; they work hard to deliver superior service. Thanks again and we look forward to your next visit.

Salil Kulkarni

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Korean first
New York
Reviewed 2 August 2014

This is an updated hotel on the river in downtown. The overall property is well maintained and has the standard Courtyard design and amenities. Views can be quite nice facing the river. The only challenge is parking and the need for a car to do very much in the area

Room Tip: Ask for a river view
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank FrequentTripster
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Edmonton Downtown, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear FrequentTripster,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. It is encouraging to hear that your stay was enjoyable; we work hard to provide a pleasant experience. Your kind comments are appreciated and we look forward to a return visit.

Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I stayed at the Courtyard in mid-June for a conference. It was super close to the convention center where our conference was held (within easy walking distance). The staff was very friendly and rooms were clean. The best thing about the staff though was what they did AFTER my trip. I had left a sweater and shirt on the bed when I checked out. When I called a woman named Victorina helped locate my items, they had been found by a woman named DaySi, and they were then mailed by the Guest Services Supervisor Kevin Trinh!! The staff could have easily just kept them or thrown them away but from the housekeepers to the office staff they were beyond professional and helped get my items back home - THANK YOU!! The only reason I give this hotel four stars is because i ordered room service and the food was not very good. I had ordered the 1/2 chicken and it was so salty I couldn't even eat it. The vegetables were good but that's about all. Other than that it was a great stay and I would highly recommend this property!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Edmonton Downtown, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear Tara H,

It’s wonderful to know your stay was pleasant. We love hearing you were pleased with our hotel amenities and service; I’m delighted your personal items were returned. I appreciate your honest feedback regarding room-service; your review helps us to monitor and improve our guest experience. Thank you for your time in reviewing your stay, and I will share your kind comments with the team.

Guelph, Canada
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Stayed there for a conference at the Shaw Centre next door (perfect location), and the hotel was great. The rooms were spacious, comfy and had good amenities. The hotel staff were helpful, too - loaning us umbrellas and helping us ship something at the end of our stay. The restaurant, however, needs some work. The food was good but the service wasn't very impressive. We had several business meetings during the week, and had to prompt the servers to refill water. And even after they knew we were expecting someone, they still didn't seat them - I had to go find the person myself!

Room Tip: The rooms on the river side would have a beautiful view.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Edmonton Downtown, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Our associates understand and believe that our valued guests deserve an exceptional stay and we will continue to push daily to find new ways to WOW our guests. I will be sure to share your very nice comments regarding our helpful staff and comfortable rooms with our team; they work hard to ensure guests have a pleasant stay. I appreciate you recognizing our strengths while providing us some areas of opportunity for improvement; my apologies for the service you received in our restaurant. It is feedback like yours which fosters improvement for future stays.

Oakville, Canada
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Decided to have brunch at the courtyard to enjoy the view. The first obstacle to present itself was that brunch ends at 11 and the patio doesn't open until 11. Once we decided to stay for brunch inside we found the menu was very limited and the buffet was no better than a roadside Motel. If you stay at this hotel I wouldn't bother with the restaurant.

Stayed July 2014
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Edmonton Downtown, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
I’m disappointed to hear you found our restaurant lackluster and that you did not have the opportunity to enjoy the view from our patio which is now open at 7AM daily. I appreciate your feedback regarding the menu and buffet; this allows us to continually monitor and improve our guest’s experience. We have just recently begun to rotate some menu items for variety. Thank you for taking the time to write.

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I stayed here on June 7, 2014. The young lady at the front desk (unfortunately I didn't get her name) was helpful and thoughtful. Knowing that I needed a good night's sleep since I was on a business trip with long working days and knowing that there was a wedding party in the hotel, she moved me to an upgraded room in a quieter area of the hotel (with a river view to boot -- no extra charge). The room was huge with very comfortable beds and crisp white linens (my favourite). Bathroom was also spacious. All was spotlessly clean. There was a handy mini-fridge. I had a wonderful night's sleep. The next morning the same young lady was at the front desk and she was still there when I returned in the afternoon to pick up my suitcase (I had left it there while I attended a business event during the day). Does she ever sleep? Her thoughtfulness contributed to a very good impression of Courtyard Marriott. Breakfast was average (I had the continental option) but adequate; service in the dining room was prompt and friendly. Great location in downtown Edmonton.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in a quiet area if that's important to you.
1 Thank Mary T
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Edmonton Downtown, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear Mary T,

We're happy to hear from you, and we're glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. It's great to learn that you enjoyed our spacious and clean rooms as well as our excellent staff. I will be sure to share your kind comments. Please plan to visit us again the next time you travel to the area!

Kind Regards,
Steinbach, Canada
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I was in Edmonton for business and was booked into the Courtyard Marriott on Thornton Court.
Very well run property. The rooms were spotless and large with a great view of the River Valley.
The staff was always pleasant and very well trained. It was a pleasure to stay at this fine hotel and look forward to a return visit.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Edmonton Downtown, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Thank you for writing a review about your stay with us at Courtyard Edmonton Downtown. We appreciate you selecting our hotel while on business, and we’re glad you enjoyed your visit. It’s great to receive your kind comments about our well run property, clean rooms and friendly staff. We hope you’ll visit us again soon.

Salil Kilkarni, GM