Courtyard Edmonton Downtown
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Union Bank Inn(Edmonton)
  • Pool
All reviewsvalet parkingcourtyard marriottthe shaw conference centreoverlooking the rivercorner roomfront desk staffroom was spacious and cleanper daymain floortwo queen bedsbuffet breakfastbusiness tripconventionlinensconcertcanadamall
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I have stayed at this hotel many times when in Edmonton for business. It is easy to access and close to downtown events.
I like having the consistency of the Marriott line as well as the friendly, competent staff at the front desk. Check in is always a breeze, I have never had a problem, even when arriving quite late.
The rooms are clean and of course the Marriott pillows are wonderful.
This room I was in had an inordinately small bathroom, but other than that the room was great - clean and quiet.
I always find the valet parking quite expensive, but use it anyway as I would rather my car be parked underground rather than the above ground parking lot next door.. I must say they are very quick about bringing up my car.
The restaurant has a reasonable selection for dinner and each and every time I have eaten there, the food has been good. The breakfast buffet is $12.50 and offers the usual fare, but again, is tasty.
All in all, you can't go wrong staying at this hotel - it is good, dependable and affordable.

Room Tip: the river view is wonderful, but those are always the first to go.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Edmonton Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear Smarkay,

We are happy to hear from you and value your kind review. It is encouraging to know that your stay was enjoyable; we work hard to provide a pleasant experience. Your comments, which highlight our successes and areas for improvement, are welcomed as they foster change for the better. We appreciate being a part of your trips to Edmonton!

Paul Feddema

Reviewed 15 August 2014

I experienced numerous billing issues that were not resolved and largely ignored, which resulted in number of issues with my credit card company. I've stayed at a lot of Marriott's before, and the rooms were dated and uncomfortable.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Edmonton Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear Jonathan E,

Our associates understand that our guests deserve a pleasant stay and we clearly missed the mark. I’m so sorry for your recent experience with us; I would like to learn more. I am at your service to assist anyway I can. Please contact me if you would like to discuss further.

Rene Trinidad
Manager
780.423.9999

Reviewed 11 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel for two nights in July. I found the hotel to be updated with very comfortable and clean rooms and excellent staff. The staff were more than willing to provide directions to various things we wanted to see and even recommended a few other things for us to take in.

I had the breakfast buffet and it was very good and reasonably priced. Overall, I found this hotel to be conveniently located and great value for the money.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank eastcoastcatlover
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Edmonton Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

eastcoastcatlover,
Thank you very much for your review; it’s great to know you enjoyed the hotel and we can’t wait to see you again!

Salil Kulkarni, General Manager

Reviewed 3 August 2014

We stayed here after having a bad experience with another Edmonton hotel. We phoned at 1930 and asked if they had vacancy. They did so we drove straight there and we're checked in quickly. I asked for a river view and she stated they were out of those rooms but would give us a very nice room. We got up to our room and it was a corner room where we could see the river from two angles, beautiful. It was super clean, bed comfy and all in all comfortable. Nothing extravagant, only complaint is parking is so expensive but otherwise great experience.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Adrian R
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Edmonton Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Adrian R,

We appreciate you taking the time to review your experience. Our team understands and believes that our guests deserve a pleasant stay and we continue to seek new ways to impress. I will be sure to share your nice comments with our associates; they work hard to deliver superior service. Thanks again and we look forward to your next visit.

Salil Kulkarni

Reviewed 2 August 2014

This is an updated hotel on the river in downtown. The overall property is well maintained and has the standard Courtyard design and amenities. Views can be quite nice facing the river. The only challenge is parking and the need for a car to do very much in the area

Room Tip: Ask for a river view
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank FrequentTripster
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Edmonton Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear FrequentTripster,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. It is encouraging to hear that your stay was enjoyable; we work hard to provide a pleasant experience. Your kind comments are appreciated and we look forward to a return visit.

Salil Kulkarni