“Good”
Review of Coliseum Inn

Coliseum Inn
Ranked #39 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Next time I would hope that they would not check people in our room and you would have better pillow they are to small also you could feel the wind coming tough the windows.thank you Linda Kardash 105 tamarack cove Hinton alberta

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
crystal v, Manager at Coliseum Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

Dear Linda, thank you for your review I will definately look into the pillows as we do want our guests to have great stays. Also I apologize that someone was checked into your room and will ensure that our front desk gets more training on this so that this will not happen to another guest.
Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

Over all worth it; the price and location couldn't be beat and the negative experiences did not outweigh the convenience. It seems like they're trying to improve their reputation and service - I hope they are successful and I am willing to give this hotel another chance in the future. If the prices go up, however, and the service does not improve, then we would rather stay somewhere else and take a cab to Rexall.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest thank you for your review we have gone through a lot of changes and are definately working out all of the kinks we have renovated the hotel and will do more front desk training thank you and we look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed 19 January 2014

I stayed in the Coliseum inn for the Pink concert. The location is convenient and the price is really good. The customer was service was also good they are friendly and helpful I will definitely go back there again!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for your review we are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again in the future. We appreciate your business and would like to say thank you.

Reviewed 19 January 2014

Excellent location for the event I was attending at Rexall Place. The room was so hot. The thermostat was set at the lowest setting and I was unable to open a window or turn on any air conditioning, so this made for an uncomfortable night. Aside from that, the room was clean and, overall, my stay was a good experience.

Reviewed 19 January 2014

Went To Edmonton for a Pink concert. Hotel easy to get to.Hotel is right across the street from Rexall Place so we parked at hotel. Room was clean enough and very quiet. We were on a high floor and at the back. The lounge was a bit disappointing. Bar Rescue definitely needs to visit there. Dubious people hanging in the lobby but I did not feel unsafe. Good rate.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 18 January 2014

Was attending the Justin Timberlake Show and decided to stay in Coliseum Inn since it was convenient. We were surprised how efficient the staff were. The check-in was extremely smooth. Rooms seemed like recently renovated. All new furniture so the stay was super pleasant and comfortable.
We were impressed by the Duty Managers eye for detail on customer service and nice hospitality. He ensured each customer was satisfied. It was a very busy night since every one decided to check in that hotel as it was convenient.
I would highly recommend this hotel. I will definitely come and stay here again.
Only thing I would say the location of this INN could have been better.

Reviewed 18 January 2014

Overall hotel outside and area around is a dump. Lobby is nice and renovated. Rooms are not. My room was ok, but not very clean. I found food in the fridge, and my toilet was not cleaned properly. Bed was comfortable though. Checking in was a nightmare and understandably busy (Concert), however check ins should't take more than 5 min. When you have a full hotel, I would be more strict about allowing customers to make last minute changes to their room (ie. 2 beds instead of 1). All that did was alienate those (like my friends) who booked properly and had to wait until 5 pm for their room. It also caused major delays at check in, resulting in a line up out the front door.

1  Thank Lindsay R
crystal v, Manager at Coliseum Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Dear Guest I would like to thank you for your review I apologize on behalf of the hotel that you did not get into your room until 5pm I will definately have the General Manager look into this promptly. I would like you to know that all of our rooms have been renovated. I will ensure that housekeepers will be spoken to regarding the room. We would like you to return to the hotel so on your next stay please contact me directly so I can assist you that you are receiving exactly what you are requesting on a timely matter.
crystal@coliseuminn.ca