“Coliseum Inn”

Ranked #44 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Peace River
“Coliseum Inn”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Very comfortable bed! Received lots of reminders that I had a reservation. The front desk were very friendly and helpful. You can see they have put in lots of renovations to this hotel. It is an excellent hotel to attend events at Rexall!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends

1 Thank Linda C
Dear Guest,

We definitely appreciated your review and thank you for letting us know that our service level
on reminders is working well for guests staying with us. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay
and find our beds very comfortable.
We look forward to seeing you return to the Coliseum Inn.

Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 9 April 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Colisium motel a few weeks ago when we came in for an oilers game. We are from Ft Mac and stayed two nights. Its a decent place to stay if your in town for a game etc. The food at flow bar wascok, and the servuce from Kristy and Dale at the front desk was really good. Dale went out of his way to grab me extra coffee late in the evening. And Leah with house keeping was great.
We will stay there again.

Room Tip: Good value for Oilers fans..
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bob B
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and yes we are definitely located directly across the street from Rexall which makes us a great choice for all games and concerts when coming to Edmonton, We are happy that the Coliseum Inn Staff gave you exceptional service. Thank you again and we look forward
to seeing you return.

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Running away from Red Deer hotels, but this was different, it was clean and rooms were nice and
enjoyed. The front desk was fabulous and friendly, so were their cleaning staff and sure will come
back again.

Room Tip: Good motel, good to stay, though little things here and there messy.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and letting us know that the staff at the Coliseum Inn gave you excellent service We look forward to seeing you return in the future.

Calgary, Alberta
Reviewed 4 April 2014

The accommodations were perfectly adequate for 1 night business trip. The exterior is off putting and and the service is ok. The rooms themselves had been recently renovated and provided everything myself and my colleagues needed for a 1 night stay. Good price for what we got.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you on behalf of the Coliseum Inn for staying with us and are happy that
you enjoyed your stay and that we met all of your needs while you were with us.

We look forward to seeing you rerun in the future.

Edmonton
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Hotel staff and rooms were nice but local and resding restaurant were rude and didn't offer much that was even on the menu which is bare minimum to begin with! If you plan on staying make sure to make time to drive a distance to find a good meal with value!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review and we are happy that you enjoyed your stay at the Coliseum Inn. We apologize for the service you received in the restaurant and I will be directing your concerns with the General Manager. We definitely want you to enjoy all amenities on the property.

Calgary
Reviewed 1 April 2014

This was the absolute worst hotel experience I have ever had. I will never choose the Coliseum again, or recommend your business. For starters, the front desk representative was rude to begin with when I mentioned to him I had two rooms booked over a month in advance with a request for the rooms to be side by side. I was assured on the phone it wouldn’t be an issue. When I brought it up your employee shrugged and told me to go to another hotel if it was an issue, or he could direct us to your “sister hotel”. I let it go because it truly wasn’t a huge deal. Then, out of the four room keys given to me only one worked. When I asked for new keys he seemed extremely bothered by it as if I was inconveniencing him. Next, the second room we had booked had a broken thermostat and the heat was unbearably high, with four people sleeping in the room you can imagine how much hotter it got. Rather than being offered a new room we were offered a tiny desk fan, which couldn’t even circulate a Kleenex tissue around if it tried. No one was able to sleep comfortably that night, and we still had one more night at your hotel. So we called for a new room, and finally were able to convince them to move us. This should have been your first priority offered to us, rather than us pleading with your staff about why they should allow us to move. Saturday night when three of us went to your bar/restaurant located in your hotel we were not even acknowledged when we walked in, I had to walk over to the waitress who was playing on her phone and ask if we could order. She then said “What do you want”, I stated “umm food? Sorry I don’t have your menu memorized could you come to our table please?” She then followed me rolls her eyes and states again “What do you want”. Unbelievably rude!!!!!! Then, my boyfriend asked your employee where he could find a convenient store or a 711, and he was treated with no respect. Your employee made him call a cab to go to the nearest 711 when there happened to be a Husky literally right behind your building he could have walked too. Last but not least, on our check out we were told that our group of friends were extremely disrupt full to everyone on the floor and they received many complaints about us, and had to give everyone on the floor a discount. When in fact the group of people NEXT to our room were rowdy and running up and down the hall ways all night long, but then we got the blame for it. I am completely shocked by the service from your hotel

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends

2 Thank Megan M
crystal v, Manager at Coliseum Inn, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review I want to apologize on behalf of the company that this is not the level
of service you should receive and it is unacceptable. I would ask that you contact our General Manager directly at gm@coliseuminn.ca We very much want to deal with your complaint directly
and let you know that guest are very valued to us and we be talking with our front desk staff regarding any situation and how to handle. Again I am very sorry but would liken to see you return
so we can show you the level of service you should of received.

Fort Mc Murray
Reviewed 31 March 2014

NOISY...Nightclub attached ...slept 2 hours ....Do not stay on a friday or saturday night!! it would have been ok if it was during the weekdays....The lounge was nice ..need a drink menu though .................

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

crystal v, Manager at Coliseum Inn, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review i am very sorry that the club was too loud I will definately be bringing
this directly to our General Manager so that he can deal with this issue. if you are returning I
would like you to contact our General Manager directly so we can assist you in making sure
your next stay is memorable.
gm@coliseuminn.ca