“Good Location”

Super 8 Edmonton South
Ranked #38 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Scottsdale, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2013

I must admit, I was not expecting much when family members and myself decided to stay here. It was in close proximity to the hospital where we needed to be for a very early appointment. The rooms were clean, spacious and all you need for this type of stay. The continental breakfast was very nice and well stocked. Location was very easy to get in and out of. Staff all very nice and helpful.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Gkeat
Alberta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013

My family rented two rooms the weekend of November 23 and 24th. I made the reservation based on the reviews on Trip Advisor. Check in was easy, our rooms were ready and the front desk cleak even helped us with information about restaurants. The rooms were clean and comfortable. We were going to go in the hot tub and swimming pool but they were really busy so we opted not to go in. We had breakfast in the morning which was decent. And yes they do have Eggo waffles. There was a good selection of food, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, cereal, muffins, bagels, and toast. My sister said the coffee was good. The lady who put the breakfast out was really nice and pleasant. I would definately stay here again. At first I thought the price was a little high. However after comparing the price with other hotels in the area which were more expensive, I felt all right about the price.

Room Tip: We stayed on the fourth floor and it was quiet.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank MargaretAlberta
Grande Prairie, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel over 20 times in the past two years. Always a warm reception and they reward their frequent travellers with a free night every 15th stay; this is in addition to the usual Wyndham Rewards and, in my opinion, a great perk for business travellers such as myself. I could stay basically anywhere I wanted to but I always make Super 8 my first port-of-call when I'm doing business on the south side of Edmonton. No regrets about staying here.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Mark P
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

We recently checked in for a medical trip. I asked for two things one the medical rate and two a wheel chair accessible room. I expected something a reduction in the price due to the medical rate I was charged 123.00 I inquired if that was the medical rate I was assured rah was the medical rate I asked why it was as high as it was. I was assured that was because the room had a king bed. They did not tell me if they had an accessible room with a queen bed. Why does it cost more to have a king bed when if that is the only room they have that is accessible you have no choice but to take the king bed because the need for accessibility over rides your option for a queen. Damned either why I would say eh?

Room Tip: Be sure to qualify before you book the room the rate if you are needing it for a medical rate or if...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Pamela C
Langdon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013

We stayed for the convience of location and for the breakfast. When I called to enquire about the breakfast it was stated that there would be more than just waffles. There were no waffles, eggos do not count as waffles!! Good thing there were other items.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family