“The service was very good overall. The room was not the...”

Super 8 Edmonton South
Ranked #42 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Reviewed 10 March 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Super 8 Edmonton South

Reviewed 7 March 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 March 2014

One pillow, mattress not great, fairly noisy, just OK for the money. Temperature control was HOT or jus not running at all. Blankets - hardly any, very light. We used to stay here regularly but not sure I would again. Does have a pool and continental breakfast but so do a lot of hotels now.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Rooms were older run down, our first room had a hole in the wall above the cupboards. We upgraded to a king suite which was recently renovated but the furniture had rips and holes in it. The room rate jumped from $130/night to $179/night. Overall it was basically clean but some of the rooms were in poor condition . Compared to other hotels I've stayed at it was overpriced and in poor repair. Good location and close to most amenities .

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 February 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 January 2014 via mobile

I have stayed here a few times and have enjoyed my stay but when I stayed there this time in mid January one of the maids was extremely rude. I ignored it but when I went out for a coffee and came back there was a pest control van parked and when I went up the pest control guy was up on the 4th floor spraying rooms. They wouldn't tell me for what. I could only assume so I checked out ASAP and went to another hotel up the street

• Stayed: January 2014
Thank Erin.miss C
Juvy S, Owner at Super 8 Edmonton South, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

I am sure most people shutter when they see a heading bed bugs, so I thought it important that I respond to this review. Bed Bugs has become an issue for all hotels however at Super 8 we try to be pro active and head off any potential problems. We have Orkin come to the hotel monthly with their dog who goes through rooms and can actually sniff out any problems. If we are suspicious, we close down the room, pull out all linens, towels etc., spray and then once satisfied that there isn't a problem, put the room back into order. If you come into our parking lot and see an Orkin truck, don't be alarmed as they are there doing their inspection. I guess we could have them hide their truck but we would sooner have our guest ask questions and know that we do have a preventive program in place.

Reviewed 29 January 2014