“Enjoyable Stay”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Victoria, Canada
“Enjoyable Stay”
Reviewed 27 August 2014

We recently spent three nights at Metterra. The staff were friendly and helpful on check-in. We had extended our stay under two separate reservations and they were able to adjust and link the reservation into one. The room was clean. Housekeeping services were good each day. The beds were very comfortable. We had a nice view facing downtown Edmonton. We didn't have any noise and slept through the night easily. The buffet breakfast was good and the dining area comfortable and nicely decorated. Our schedule didn't allow for the evening wine tasting. The location was extremely convenient and there were lots of good restaurant options nearby. The free valet parking was also convenient. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dawn L, General Manager at Metterra Hotel on Whyte, responded to this review, 9 September 2014
Dear Kathy B,

Thank you for staying at the Metterra Hotel on Whyte! We are so happy that you had a pleasant stay and were able to extend your time with us! Our guests love our breakfast as well but you will have to come back to try our wine and cheese in the evening!

Thank you so much for your review! We hope that you are able to return soon!

Mettera Hotel on Whyte

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 25 August 2014

I've stayed at the Mettera on Whyte Ave a few times before and have always found it to be a convenient location and nice hotel. Unfortunately, my most recent experience in their hotel has left me disappointed. My husband and I stayed there on our wedding night and I forgot my brand new Victoria Secrets Neglige in the room. Upon our return from our honeymoon we stopped into the hotel to ask about their lost and found. The fellow at the front desk gave me the number for the head of the cleaning staff who is in charge of the lost and found. I called her, several times, and always got a voice mail, I left message after message. Finally after my third message I got a message saying nothing was found and she couldn't help me. I guess someone wanted to keep my beautiful neglige. The hotel was not interested in helping me follow up with this at all. I'm very disappointed in this hotel and their service as a result. Won't be staying there again and won't recommend it to others as a result.

Room Tip: Don't forget anything in the room... you won't get it back!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
South Slocan, BC
Reviewed 23 August 2014

I had the pleasure to stay at the Mettera Hotel on Whyte for 5 days!! Wow. Loved my visit here!! The guest experience was fabulous, friendly, helpful and responsive to my needs such as mid-day nap time (cleaning came back later...so nice), helpful ideas of what to do in walking distance and where to do my laundry! Breakfast was one of the best I have had at hotels. My favorite part of my visit was the espresso/fancy drink-making machine! The common room for guests is open all the time and this machine is available to use! I often found myself siting on the common rooms patio, sipping on a cappuccino, reading a book (bought at Chapters...one minute walk from my room)...enjoying life. Other days I visited neighboring shops (really unique and cool) and yes, treated myself to Lululemon, a short walk down Whyte Ave. Can't forget about the unbelievable yoga studio...SATTVA Yoga which is a short walk away as well. AAhhh *sigh...I can keep going on and on but overall a treat away from home! I was completely spoiled, cared for and helped whenever needed. Ps. There is also a sparklee water machine in the common room...so sweet!

Room Tip: King size bed!! Room away from street is quieter...they provide cute wrapped ear plugs if needed.
Green Features: VERY friendly and open to meet your needs anyway possible. Loved it! A bit sad to go...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Wow! Thank you for such a great review, mchutskoff!

We are thrilled that you had a great guest experience and found our staff friendly and helpful. Our cappuccino machine is truly one of a kind and we feel so lucky to be able to offer it to our guests! We are so happy that you were able to experience some of the many Whyte Avenue experiences like SATTVA yoga and, of course, shopping! Thank you for staying with the Metterra Hotel on Whyte, we hope to see you again soon!

Grande Prairie, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Very clean rooms, excellent location, extremely helpful and friendly staff. We took advantage of valet parking which was more than reasonable. Appreciated the earplugs to block "Whyte noise". Had a great night sleep. Walking distance to many great restaurants, lounges, and unique shopping. Looking for an excuse to stay here again!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Nadine G
Thank you for your amazing review, Nadine G!

We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to experience the unique and exciting atmosphere of the Old Strathcona, Whyte Avenue area. We hope that you are able to find a great excuse to come back as we would love to have you again!

Hope to see you soon!

Ontario
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Wonderful hotel. Central, clean, modern with lots of little perks. Loved the wine and cheese hour. Breakfast was also great. Parking was free. Also got a good deal with the "summer selfie" promo. Great value for money overall. Very comfy bed, stylish room and great toiletries. Wish we had stayed longer!

Room Tip: May want a room that does not face Whyte Ave if you like it quiet. They do include ear plugs.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BeachSeeker17
Dear BeachSeeker17,

Thank you for staying at the Metterra Hotel on Whyte! We love our breakfast and wine and cheese reception and are so glad that you did too. Thank you for being a part of our Summer Selfie promotion! We loved seeing all the photos of our guests enjoying Edmonton. It's too bad that you couldn't stay longer but we hope that we will see you again soon!

Canmore, Canada
Reviewed 7 August 2014

This place is all you need in the city, location rules, julios next door is the best Mexican, views of city lights, dancing across the street, shopping everywhere and the hotel puts on a free breaky that will knock your socks off! Amazing time and such awesome service, really had a great time!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GMSCV
Thank you for the great review GMSCV!

We are so glad you had a great time at the Metterra Hotel on Whyte! We hope you were able to try the bulldogs at Julio's, they're world famous! We are very proud to be a part of this exciting neighbourhood and are thrilled that you were able to experience it! We hope to see you again soon!

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We recently stayed at the Mettera Hotel on Whyte to celebrate our anniversary. We are from Edmonton, but chose to stay somewhere on Whyte since that is where we met. Check in was quick and friendly, and we easily found the self parking lot just across the street. Our room was very spacious and modern/upscale and being on the 2nd floor we really enjoyed having a patio - it was nice and quiet as our room did not face the avenue. The nightly wine and cheese was a nice surprise - they are very generous with the glasses of wine and had a nice variety of cheese and appetizers - nice treat before dinner. The free breakfast was average, but we enjoyed being able to sit outside on the patio which faces Whyte Ave. When we checked out and mentioned we were there to celebrate our anniversary, we were given a free upgrade card for our future visit (Thanks Jennifer!) - we will be returning next time we are looking to have a close to home getaway. If you are traveling from out of town, you will appreciate the atmosphere and many restaurant/bars along Whyte Ave - great location!

Room Tip: Rooms on the 2nd floor have patios:)
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dawn L, General Manager at Metterra Hotel on Whyte, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Kelsie K,

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! We agree that our neighbourhood can't be beat and are glad that you got to enjoy it!

We hope to see you again soon! Thank you for your review!