“Worst motel I have been”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Aladdin Motel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Edmonton
Aladdin Motel
Ranked #84 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Vancouver, Canada
“Worst motel I have been”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2010

I have never ever been such a worst motel in my whole life. The owner is a female, and she was very rude on the phone. The room was so dirty, they even didn't chang the bad sheet! Window could not been opened and we could not sleep in whole night.

Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
10 Thank djy4633

Business
edmonton
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2009

Very very dirty family room....We took a family room and it seems that the carpet has never been washed or cleaned for decades....VEry noisy and disturbing....smelly. The owner is very rude....this is my last time staying at this hotel.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with family
7 Thank smritee
Calgary, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2008

This has to be the worst hotel I have ever stayed in! We were staying with family but arrived late so stayed the night in this hotel. This was the cheapest we could find in the area, but at $80 a night this was ridiculous. I have stayed at a 4/5 star hotel on the Las Vegas strip for this price!

When checking in, the woman was really rude. My husband and I are in our 20's, respectful looking people, yet she kept saying "you do damage, you will pay" over and over! I begged husband to not stay here and go elsewhere, but he was tired from driving for 10 hours and wanted to go to bed!

The hotel was creepy, there were strange people hanging around in the car park, we made sure we got a room closest to the office. When we got in the room, I piled as much furniture and luggage I could up by the door and had cellphones nearby as I did not feel safe at all.

The furniture in the room was falling to bits and all mismatched. There was grafitti scratched across one whole wall revealing the under color paint! Who owns a hotel and does not fix grafitti on the wall? The carpet was so thin and peeling at the edges. The room was so dirty, there was even pubic hair on the bath tub wall.

I could not wait until morning, this place was awful, we checked out really early and would not recommend this hotel!

The only good thing was a nice flat screen tv!

• Liked — Flat screen tv - the ONLY good thing about this place
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
3 Thank reuhl925
sangudo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2007

An couple own this motel. He is very nice, she is curt and rude. The price is very reasonable. The rooms are clean. The lights are not checked to be replaced often enough. The coffee beans for the coffee makers are top quality. The televisions are small but work well. The mattresses are very good. Plenty of hot water for the tubs. Excellent oriental restaurant smorg right beside the motel. Maids are top quality. Other front desk staff very professional and conscientious. I have stayed here many times, but I wish the female owner would throw out a smile sometimes.

Stayed October 2007
1 Thank zzsleepy
Edmonton
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2007

I am currently awaiting my house to be built. As the housing market in Edmonton has skyrocketed, I chose to not stay at my current residence and find a motel to book for the month.

I found that Alladin Motel had a fairly decent price when compared to a lot of the others in the city.

When I contacted Alladin Motel, they advised me that they do rent by the month. They even gave me the price. Then they asked where I was currently living. When I told them Edmonton, they said they do not rent to locals.

First motel/hotel I ever found (ANYWHERE) that doesn't rent to a local body.

• Liked — Nothing!
  • Disliked — Their customer service! When I called, they didn't like that I lived in Edmonton so THEY ended the call. :o(
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6 Thank Lynda104