“Best bang for buck”

Ranked #81 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Calgary
“Best bang for buck”
Reviewed 16 March 2010

I've spent more money and got way less room. Not high class but clean, priced right and close to where I needed to be. It's still a motel but I think it's the cleanest I've stayed in. Newer carpet, newer tile in bathroom and bed seemed pretty new too. Small fridge in room. Staff is friendly. If you're looking at saving some $$ you can't go wrong.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Faust
Reviewed 12 February 2010

The Eastglen Motor Inn is walking from the Colosium. The staff are friendly and affordable rates.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with friends
Cranbrook
Reviewed 7 February 2010

The rooms were better than we expected, clean, and comfortable. Great price for Edmonton.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with friends
Grande Prairie
Reviewed 13 September 2009

Stayed here to see a concert at the Rexall Place. The place was clean and the people were friendly. Good breakfast in the morning...no complaints!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
Hanna,Alberta
Reviewed 13 August 2008

I stayed in the fall for a concert.I was there on a weekend & it was busy. I was there two nites. I had no problems.It was quiet-I was there by myself and felt comfortable. The room even had a seperate bedroom-bonus! The carpet looked new/sofa and tv new. It is walking distance from Rexall Place-reasonably priced. This is not for people who want a downtown hotel. No frills.And I will go back.

• Liked — clean, close to coliseum
  • Disliked — didn't see any shopping/good restaurants close/mostly residential
  • Stayed September 2006, travelled solo
Red Deer
Reviewed 20 May 2008

This was our first time that we stayed at this Inn, friends of ours had stayed before and recommanded this property. The staff where very helpful and friendly. The property has been recently renovated. The room that we stayed in was quite comfortable, bed was very comfortable ample of hot water, satelite television was great also inroom fridge was a bonus so was the wireless internet and complimentry breakfast in the morning. Price was reasonable considering all the amenities. Next time we come to Edmonton we know where we will stay, we highly recommend this property to anyone.

• Liked — Cleanliness of the room and friendly staff also very quite
  • Disliked — nothing great value for the dollar
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 30 October 2007

This is absolutely the worst experience in a motel I've ever had!
I booked the room for myself and a friend as we were staying overnight in EDM for a concert. I found this hotel on the internet as it's proximity was very close to Rexall Place which is where the concert was. First of all, upon arrival i had found that they had "lost" my reservation which I had made 3 weeks prior. After a bit of complaining they finally "found" my room reservation. The I was informed that I had to place a pre-authorization on my credit card for $200 which would be returned to me once I checked out----I found this to be surprising and rather steep since the hotel room was only $100 a night. Then, the key wouldn't work in the door without shouldering it as the steel door was warped and damaged, so it didn't close properly. The room itself was absolutely disgusting and GROSS! There were cigarette burns on the carpet/floor, walls, tables, and even on the bedding. The room was dirty, the bathtub even had lint and fuzz in it, so it was obviously not cleaned before we checked in. The telephone didn't work well as the button on the receiver kept getting stuck. There was even a rust-caked bottle opener on the bathroom wall which made my friend scream(upon seeing it out of the corner of her eye she thought it was a cockroach!). The "lock" for the window was a piece of wood that you slide in to the bottom, and none of the windows had screens. The neighbourhood around the hotel was very seedy, and I wouldn't recommend walking around it alone....especially after dark! The other guests staying at the hotel that night were pretty much allowed to run wild.....we got next to no sleep thanks to the loud parties and guests running around the balcony outside our door all night. To add insult to injury we received a surly phone call from thefront desk at 2:30 in the morning telling us to "cool it".....I assume they meant this phone call to be for the other party animals throughout the rest of the hotel, but we were the ones who were disturbed. I had requested a checkout time of 12:30 pm, and had even double checked with the fromt desk clerk upon checking in to ensure this had been noted----the clerk assured me that the late checkout time was written on my guest card, and that it would definitely be honored. Well, of course, the late check out time was NOT honored....I began getting phone calls from the front desk at 11 am ( I got 2 before I answered), and then the maid even came knocking. By this point I was so frustrated, tired, and disgusted that I sinply left. The obvious things to point out about this motel is that the staff do not communicate to each other properly. The rooms are disgusting and not even sanitary (we slept in our clothes on TOP of the covers after throwing the bedspreads on the floor!), and this place has the NERVE to charge a deposit worth more than the room! NEVER NEVER NEVER stay at this place, it is definitely the Bates Motel. There has to be thousands of other places in Edmonton much nicer than this. The customer service at this motel does not exist and it is definitely teh worst place I've ever stayed in my life. The Easglen Inn sucks, it gets two thumbs down....WAAAAY down!

• Liked — It was close to the concert venue (at Rexall Place)
  • Disliked — The extremely dirty and uncomfortable rooms
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
7 Thank Canadian071

Travellers are raving about these Edmonton hotels