“Pleasant stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #74 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Moncton
“Pleasant stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2007

We stayed at the Eastglen Inn in early June and where pleasantly surprise at the qaulity of the room. The staff where very accommodating and the amenities offered at this Inn where similar to the ones you'd get at a chain hotel. Rooms where very clean. Loaction was ideal just off the Yellowhead Trail and only a few blocks from Wayne Gretzky Drive. I would recommand this property to anyone. We will for sure stay with this property in the future.

Stayed June 2007
2 Thank JoeMoncton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
mountain states
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2007

I checked into Eastglen Inn Motel on May 31, 2007 and stayed four nights. I had stayed there two years ago (same weekend) and enjoyed the single (spacious) room very much! The singles were taken when I booked my room this time, so I was given a double (two queen beds). The room was very cramped, but very clean and nicely decorated. I paid for the four nights at check-in. The room was VERY hot and stuffy (no air conditioning...or even a FAN ! ), but I managed to get a little sleep. The next day, I was told by another person staying there, that I could get a fan from the office. That night, when I inquired, I was told, "No", we have no fans..all we have are already in the rooms". So, I spent another sweltering night. I managed to open one window about 8 inches. The following night, I found that a fan had been put in my room. Hooray!! The last night while parking, I was met at my car, advising me to go to the office...that my room was double locked. I was told that I had only paid for THREE nights! The fellow even reconfirmed with me when I paid upon check in that I would be checking out on Monday morning! So, on Monday morning, I discovered that I was billed $95. more dollars for the fourth night....for a room which was quoted to me at $65.!!! Nothing could be resolved, so I paid (he gave me $5.00 cash back for a mathematical error) and I left. I will NEVER return there!

This is an older (yet remodeled) motel in an older part of town. On most street corners, there is a sign reading, "The City of Edmonton will not tolerate prostitution"...yet I saw evidence!

Stayed May 2007
4 Thank beldogs

Travellers are raving about these Edmonton hotels