Hilton Garden Inn West Edmonton
US$145
US$126
US$107
Agoda.com
All reviewswest edmontonfront deskfree cookiesrooms are cleanvery nice hotelpool and hot tubexcellent staywould stay againa great place to stayshort drivebusiness tripeasy accessfree parkinghgilobbymanfredmall
Reviewed 26 May 2012

This is our favorite hotel in Edmonton. The pool was closed on the Friday and we didn't get the free breakbast, but our stay still rates a 4. (Usually I would rate it 5.) The staff were great. The room was clean and the bed was wonderful. The workout room is small, but my wife and I were the only ones using it. I think the cookies at reception are a nice touch. It was great for us.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kevinleo
Reviewed 25 May 2012

I travel extensively for work and only stay at Hilton properties. This hotel lives up to the Hilton and the HGI name. The food is good, the rooms are clean and the beds clean and comfortable. I really like that they can make a latte in the morning - only a few HGI's can do this. Also, as others have stated, the location to the West Edmonton Mall and other restaurants is great.

The reason for four stars and not five is the internet. I am in IT and having a reliable, speedy internet connection is required. Unfortunately, the West Edmonton HGI falls well short of having anything close to modern (say 1999) internet speeds. The lines are capped at .5 megabit (512k/sec). If you try to do anything other than very basic web browsing or small email, you're going to be out of luck. I even asked if I could pay for a faster connection, but there is no option for that.

Unfortunately, because of this, I won't be back to this HGI. If this problem gets fixed, I'll go back for sure. It's a great hotel with great service.

Room Tip: The quietest rooms are on the back side, away from the street.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank AgileDude
HGIGuestRelations, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn West Edmonton, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2012

Dear Guest,

I want to thank you for you comments, It is unfortunate that your stay was mere days before our upgrades. I am happy to report that our internet upgrades are now complete and guestrooms have 30 megabits per second speed. I trust that you will return to us and understand fully as an IT person that internet would be high on your need list. Once again thank you for your response.

Reviewed 24 May 2012

I stayed here from May 21 to May 25 for a business trip. Booked a king size room and got a top floor room.

Bed - Amazingly comfortable. Cushy but firm, the kind where you don't wake up sunken into the middle but not too hard to gove me a back ache. Sheets were high thread count, lovely feather pillows. Had great sleeps! Much needed when you're working all day and most of the evening on laptop as all you business travellers know so well.

Bathroom - Shower pressure great, lots of Neutrogena bath products, lotions, even makeup remove clothes for the ladies. Had a bath too and I rarely ever do this at hotels because I'm somewhat of a germaphobe. Tub was squeaky clean. Nice size bathroom for a standard room and everything worked great.

Desk and comfortable chair for working. Wireless / wired internet never gave me issues. Quick and easy connection. All you need is last name and room number, no codes.

There's an arm chair in the corner, small table, mini fridge stocked with two bottles of water every day, microwave, decent size closet and chest of drawers.

Hotel food - This was my only disappointment. It's not horrible but uts basic, overpriced hotel food with not that much selection. Ordered room service a few nights and it came within 30 mins, hot and I have to mention Allen. He is a young guy with the best customer service ever. Her was polite, accomodating and very sweet. He always called about 40 mins after delivering the food to see how it was, if I needed anything else, if I wanted any sauces on the side, etc. This young man deserves a raise. He's the only one that really made me feel welcome and taken care of amongst all the staff. Front desk people were nice but Allen went above and beyond. Thank you for your outstanding customer service!

Since I didn't like the hotel food much I ordered in a few nights. I wouldn't go for the Chinese restaurant right next door, its basic mall food. Bland. I did order from a Malaysian place called Tropika that delivers. It was amazing. Nasi Goren, Red Chili Chicken, Spring Roll, all so delicious and very authentic. I'm a real critic of Asian food and it was really awesome. If you want a good meal while you're in town, order or go here. We did some lunches out and went to an Indian place called New Asian Village. The name is not great but the place was incredible! Beautiful indian decor, delicious buffet and a very nice bar. Great place to take clients or just a lunch or dinner out. Nice ambience for sure. Rice paper was also a very good place. It's across the street and they have awesome Pho. Had a quick lunch there.

Between 5pm and 7pm they have free wine in the lobby and they serve you appetizers. This is nice after a long day. Front desk gave me 3 drink coupons. I'm sure they would give you more, its basic house white or red / beer. Very nice touch.

I didn't have time for the gym but there is one. Elevators work great and hallways, lobby, everything is super clean.

Overall my stay was excellent. If the hotel served better food it would have been great but there are endless places for food around the place. I would recommend to business travellers or anyone coming to West Edmonton for pleasure.

And of course, West Edmonton Mall is a 6 min drive away. About 35-40 mins from the airport. Flat rate cab fare from airport to hotel is 63CAD.

Enjoy your stay if you decide to choose this hotel. It's definitely better than any of the surrounding ones unless you're downtown staying at the Fairmont or Sheraton.

Room Tip: top floor is always best in my opinion
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank jp222
Reviewed 23 May 2012

The hotel is very nice and well kept. The best part about the hotel is its staff it is GREAT, every touch we had from front desk, to houskeeping to restuarant every one was smiling and accommodating. Nice to stay at a hotel which is so friendly and caring. Keep it up.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank sat786
HGIGuestRelations, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn West Edmonton, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2012

Dear Guest,

I want to thank you for your sincere comments. We have a great team here on property and It will be a pleasure to share your positive comments with them. Thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed 21 May 2012

We booked this hotel through hotwire.com and stayed for a very reasonable cost. The hotel was clean, the rooms were clean, the staff were friendly. This hotel was easy to get to coming of the anthony hendy. lots of great restaurants close by, easy to get to west Edmonton mall. I would stay again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank reddeertraveler1
HGIGuestRelations, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn West Edmonton, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2012

Dear Guest,

We take pride in the presentation and cleanliness of our property. Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor and letting others know what you experienced.