Hilton Garden Inn West Edmonton
US$108
Sandman Hotels
US$124
Travelocity
All reviewswest edmontonfront deskfree cookiesrooms are cleanvery nice hotelpool and hot tubexcellent staywould stay againa great place to stayshort drivebusiness tripeasy accessfree parkinghgilobbymanfredmall
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I stayed at the hotel earlier this month and although I felt the hotel itself and the staff were good and pleasant but I really have to question corporate decisions to use biodegradable cups in the rooms versus glass (which can be washed - I get it that it may save some labour costs). Just try to have more than one use from each cup and you will see that the glue starts to let go and the cup leaks. Maybe I am old fashioned but washing a few dishes still has to have some cost savings in the long run.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
HGIGuestRelations, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn West Edmonton, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Dear Guest,

I thank you for your candid comments, the move to take-a-way cups is a new initiative for Hilton garden Inn. Earlier this month when we launched with Keurig k-cup machines it was decided that recent trends in the marketplace indicated that guests desired a coffee to go concept. It is a fine balance when reviewing environmental initiatives.

I personally enjoy my last coffee of the day in a mug when i am traveling. Should you return to us, please mention that you would like a mug in your room and your profile update will insure that you receive this each and every time you stay with our Edmonton location.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

From the minute I walked into this property , I felt welcomed and treated like a VIP. As a Hilton Gold Member, I had asked very politely if I could get a complimentary upgrade from the two queen room I had booked to the 1 King with sofabed and Whirlpool Suite. They checked availability and i was granted my request. I also was given full buffet breakfast and a discount at the American Grill. The staff was very professional and courteous. The room looked fantastic, and I had a view of the West Edmonton Mall. I enjoyed both the pool and the gym too. I would book this location again for sure.

Room Tip: Ask for Suite 521. Had a great view of the Mall, and had the Whirlpool Tub

Dear Guest,

So nice to hear that you enjoyed our Western Hospitality. I will share your comments with my team and we hope to see you again soon. On a personal note I was born in Toronto so I can proudly say GO LEAFS GO!!!

Reviewed 19 October 2013

My stay was pleasant enough in this nice, clean hotel but an unfortunate situation created unnecessary stress during my visit. I was scheduled to meet a couple of business associates upon my arrival and apparently they had a less than positive experience when they tried to check-in. The hotel messed up their reservation for 2 rooms / 2 nights by telling them they were booked for 1 room for 1 night and their 2nd night was scheduled in 2 weeks. When they stated that obviously their scheduling didn't make any sense and presented their printed confirmation, the front desk still refused to rectify the situation saying that there was nothing they could do as they didn't have availability. A taxi had brought them from the airport so they had limited transportation options and ended up running across the street with their luggage to the Sandman Hotel (who were happy to welcome them and put them in 2 beautiful, newly renovated rooms). However, this situation caused a level of inconvenience that made our business meetings a little tricky as we took turns running to and from different hotels across a busy road (thankfully the weather was nice). Other than not being happy with the hotels lack of motivation to correct an internal reservation error, my check-in was seamless and I found the front desk pleasant. The beds are equipped with dials that are suppose adjust firmness, but I couldn't figure out how to make them work even though I tried over and over, so I found the bed very hard and uncomfortable although the wonderful selection of pillows helped make my quality of sleep acceptable. Free parking, free internet, nice quality amenities, a mini fridge, microwave, Keurig Coffee maker, room service and a business center were all wonderful touches that helped to make up for the negative introduction to this Edmonton hotel.

Dear guest,

I want to thank you for your detailed and sincere review of our hotel. We strive to make each and every stay with us a positive experience, on the odd occasion we fail to meet even our own standards. We have a very high fan base and as such often we are sold out making missed reservations or oversights a challenge. I will take your comments as a chance to review this specific challenge and how it could have been handled better. thanks for sharing with us so that a coaching moment could be established.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

We went to Edmonton for a play-cation long weekend at West Ed. Mall. This hotel was close, and offered great value in comparison to other near by choices. The staff were VERY friendly and helpful. The food was great. It certainly fell in line with the quality and service we have come to expect from a Hilton brand hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear Robyn,

West Edmonton is a great place for a play-cation. So glad we were able to be your home base for the weekend. I will share your comments with my team, I hope we are able to host you again in the near future.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

This is a very nice hotel. It is very clean and the staff are wonderful and very helpful. The pool and hot tub were fun for the kids and the fitness center was also very nice. My only complaint about the hotel was the beds, they were very hard and uncomfortable. The pillows were great though! The location is good too. Lots of restaurants close by and West Edmonton Mall is not too far away. All in all this is a great hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experience with others on TripAdvisor. I noticed your comment regarding our beds, It would appear that perhaps we failed to let you know that our Garden System Beds are fully adjustable by turning the dial on each side near the head of the bed. This system provides you the ability to adjust to your liking the firmness of your bed. Are only challenge is that it does not help you if we neglect to tell you about this great feature. Sorry!

Once again thank you for your comments and for staying with us.