“Above board!”

Ranked #7 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Great Smoky Mountains National Park, North Carolina
“Above board!”
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Excellent service, clean & comfortable accommodations & a good location! The price is right & the staff really cares. It may just be 'another normal Hilton' but honestly, at the end of a 15 day road trip, consistency & reliability is exactly what you need. I will definitely staff here again.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ILoveYellowstone

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Arabic first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I was in Edmonton in December. Needless to say, I didn't venture too far from the hotel. This being the case, I wish I had be warned/offered extras because the entire hotel was under construction while I was there. At one point, even the water was shut off. Whe I arrived, I was handed two bottles of water and told to anticipate this inconvenience. Thanks. If I had wanted to brush my teeth with bottled water, I'd have picked a more exotic locale. I think it's appalling that they charged full price and just expected their guests to deal. Fail. Would not recommend.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Elizabeth G
HGIGuestRelations, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn West Edmonton, responded to this review, 16 September 2014
Dear Elizabeth G
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Yes, back in December of last year, we did embark on a property wide renovation project. The project was completed in February and we are very pleased with the result. I am sorry that you did not experience the Hotel as you would have expected. I hope you do try us again on your next visit to Edmonton and experience our fantastic new product.
Okotoks, Canada
Reviewed 16 August 2014

I checked out the reviews of this Hotel before I booked. I would say all the reviews overrated this hotel. The elevators were extremely slow. The heat/cooling systems are super loud and don't work. the Hotel was in a terrible location.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Naim B
Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. I am sorry that you did not experience the stay that you had expected. We have many guests that choose us, specifically for our location. I do appologize for the elevator. We had experienced a few issues and have since had them corrected. We hope you try us again on your next visit to Edmonton.
Prince George, Canada
Reviewed 12 August 2014

very good experience - see below I liked the quite room, easy parking, close proximity to West Edmonton Mall, good traffic, comfortable atmosphere of hotel The only problem was - my friends went running and I walked and the sidewalks in the area were not swept by the city - really dusty and not pleasant

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends

Red Deer, Canada
Reviewed 6 August 2014

The staff was very friendly and helpful! Our work group enjoyed the lovely summer weather on the comfortable patio lounge/restaurant. The manager's reception on Tuesday evenings is a very nice touch. The room was comfortable, quiet and clean.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank ontheroadagain5227
bonnyville, Canada
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I have stayed at and would definitely recommend this hotel, very centrally located, impressive parking, fitness center, lounge, restaurant, breakfast area... all lead to super clean rooms and extremely friendly staff....

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

2 Thank Terry C
Lacombe, Canada
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Excellent hotel. Staff very helpful and friendly. No continental breakfast which is a bit of a strike against hotel, but breakfast that is available is excellent. Location to West Ed Mall and Anthony Henday is excellent!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple