Four Points by Sheraton Edmonton Gateway
Union Bank Inn(Edmonton)
US$157
US$146
  • Breakfast included
All reviewswhite spotunderground parkingwhitespot restaurantrestaurant attachedsouth commonscomplimentary coffeefront desk staffnice hotelgift cardnewer hotelpool and hot tubshort stayroom was spaciousmini fridgestaying at this hotelshort drivewould stay here again
Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

I've stayed at this Four Points three times now and it has been great every single time. The beds and pillows are very comfortable and the bathroom layout is modern and nice. The staff are also friendly and helpful. It is located very close to the airport, about a 5 minute drive so if you're just planning on staying the night in Edmonton, it's a great place to go.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I stayed here during the last week of February. The hotel is a year old, so it is sparkling and new. You are greeted by an interesting open concept lobby-- very welcoming. The rooms are a standard size, but the beds are spectacular-- one of the best I have ever experienced. There is a White Spot restaurant attached to the hotel, and the food is quite acceptable. It's not fine dining, but no complaints.

This hotel is just on the edge of south Edmonton, so it's a great place to work from when on business. It's right next to the ring road that allows you to get almost anywhere in Edmonton reasonably quickly.

One issue that came to light was the airport shuttle. When I made the reservation, I don't think there was any indication that there was a shuttle that would pick you up, so I took a taxi to the hotel, which was quite expensive. Apparently the hotel airport shuttle starts running at 5 AM, but stops at 1 PM because there is no driver for the second or third shift. The hotel told me that this would be fixed later this year. Not a big issue, but if you're going to have an airport shuttle that people depend on to get to and from the airport, it needs to run consistently and during normal business hours.

Overall, a very pleasant experience, and I will be returning soon.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
M_Sumic, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Edmonton Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Your feedback is important to us and has been shared with our team. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights, and like the title says, it wasn't bad, but it wasn't great. The Hot tub was more like a "lukewarm" tub, and when we mentioned it to the front desk staff, they said it would be better the next day, it was not. The rooms we nice and big, hard to get a comfortable temperature in there though, either pretty cold, of really warm. I might stay here again, but I'm not rushing back there.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 February 2014

First off, I really enjoy staying at this Property. For my line of work, the location is great and the hotel overall is excellent. But since the start of 2014, I am 'blocked' anytime I try and book a one night stay here. If I change the dates to a two night stay (including the one-night that was previously blocked), the site will give me a reservation. But only if I book minimum two nights. My work has me staying in hotels about 150 nights a year, but I frequently do one nighters.
It is strange that this property doesnt have time for one nighters.
I asked Mgmt why this was, their reply was that their 'Revenue Mgmt. Team' has placed a block on one night stays. (...whatever that means).
I feel sorry for them as they are throwing away the majority of my business. But they are allowed their own choices.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
M_Sumic, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Edmonton Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Thank you for your kind words on the quality of our property, your business and thank you for taking the time to let us know about your frustration.

We have discussed these minimum night restrictions in place for certain weeks with our revenue management team and we have requested to have them removed. If you have all future dates that you are looking to book, our General Manager Farid would be happy to make your reservations directly here at the hotel. His direct line is (780) 801 – 4001 and email address is fjanmohamed@fourpointsedmontongateway.com.

Again, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to welcoming you back to Four Points Edmonton Gateway, for however long you wish to stay! Best regards and happy travels.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

We are staying at the Four points by Sheraton Edmonton Gateway for 2 nights Feb 15 to Feb 17. There are some great things about this hotel, and some needs improvement. The hotel is right off the highway, and isn’t very difficult to find. They have heated underground parking, which is great not having to freeze unloading and loading your luggage. Check-in was great, the morning/afternoon front desk staff was able to meet our request of a quiet room, and were very informative about the amenities and locations of things around the hotel. Our room was on the 6th floor. You will need to scan your key card in the elevator before selecting your floor, little bit of a hassle sometimes, but I guess it’s a good security feature. They have a 24hr coffee/tea station in front of the main elevators which is nice to be able to grab a coffee before heading to your rooms.
The rooms were modern, clean and spacious; they don’t have a regular closet but rather an armoire which enclose has a small closet, a fridge, microwave and a small coffee station; thus really opens up the whole room. They have dark laminate flooring in the entrance way of the room, which I found to be also a nice added touch.

Now to the NEEDS IMPROVEMENT
The pool is cold....plain and simple. If you like cold showers than this is the place to be. The hot tub temperature yesterday was warm; not as hot as you would expect it to be, but today Feb 16, wow....it was literally as cold as the pool. FYI...I don’t think the pool is heated, as they may claim it is.
I went to the front desk, and told them that both the hot tub and the pool were cold. They told me that there were 80 people in the pool/hot tub yesterday, and they needed to clean it, and refill it. I questioned them as to why it wasn’t filled and heated last night after 11pm when the pool area closes, or during the day when no one is using the pool and heat it up then??? No response provided.
The guy from the front desk came and checked the temperature and left. Nothing was said, noted or fixed. The two individuals at the front desk told me that the hot tub would be warm within an hour....and so we hung around and still after almost 2 hours and watching people get in and quickly leave, we finally left too. We went straight to the front desk and complained again....as so did another family. The front desk just gave us the same story, apologized, and said that the manager would get in contact with us sometime tomorrow. They put up a sign at 9pm saying that the pool and hot tub is closed for maintenance but noticed there are still families swimming at 10:30pm????.....apparently they don’t enforce their policy. Closed means Closed!!!

Overall the stay was good, but night/evening front desk duo is definitely lacking general customer service skills with regard to analytical and problem solving skills.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family