“great hotel”

Ranked #22 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Alberta, Canada
“great hotel”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Super comfy beds, very clean rooms. Housekeeping does a great job. We found it very quiet, I even slept through the trains going by so didn't find them an issue. Ashnil at the front desk was amazing, super friendly and very funny. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Alberta
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Almost too nice for my family? HaHa! We did have a very nice experience. The staff were friendly and accommodating. The rooms were standard, bathroom was exquisite and both were clean Although there were two beds, and slept 4, we had to get extra towels. Pool was cold and hot tub wasn't much warmer, but didn't dampen our spirits. The underground parking is really the redeeming quality of this hotel. Definitely something that would bring us back during the winter. It is SO nice to be able to go to a warm waiting vehicle without letting it run for an hour in the dead of winter.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Caroline G, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Edmonton Gateway, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your recent stay! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us! We agree that having underground parking is a must in Edmonton, and we invite you to come back and take advantage of it in the winter!
Belleville, Canada
Reviewed 29 April 2014

If you're looking for a stay near EIA ( Edmonton International Airport ) then this is my top pick. Newer accommodation maintained to a spotless standard just off Ellerslie turn-off with immaculate rooms and choice of 2 excellent restaurants within walking distance. There is a White Spot in this hotel as well as a Chop restaurant just across the road. Front desk staff check you in within 2 mins even when you make the mistake of reserving the room on the WRONG MONTH!!!
Yes I did that lol no problem, Aishnel fixed my problem and put my room keys in hand within 2 minutes. Large open lobby with excellent seating and entry from both north and south side parking lots. The suites are large and quite comfortable making this hotel outstanding value. Several luxury vehicle dealers within a couple of blocks as well making this an excellent stay while vehicle shopping when you're coming from outside the city...better half bought a Volvo XC60 T6 AWD to ferry me around in safely :) Room service was very fast as I timed my request for a beverage order to take 6 mins and I was on the top floor. 8th floor. Excellent service provided by the restaurant (White Spot) attached.
My top pick of south side hotels in Edmonton.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank WarrenCWade
Caroline G, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Edmonton Gateway, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Thank you so much for your 5-star review! We love hearing from our guests and are so pleased to know that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay (despite the wrong month booking!) and that we could exceed your expectations! Enjoy the new Volvo! We look forward to hosting you again soon.
Austin, TX
Reviewed 22 April 2014

The Sheraton Gateway is at the intersection of two busy roads, and easy to find from the airport. It is well designed, and has a White Spot restaurant attached, which has happy hour as well as casual dining.

I stayed on the road side of the hotel, but up 8 floors, and didn't notice excessive noise. Room was comfy and large, and had everything I wanted including a mini-fridge.

Underground parking a definite plus as I got into a warm and dry car every morning - no scraping ice or shoveling snow (yes, it snowed in April!) which is activated by your room key.

I plan on staying here again when I return - and if they have the "best brews" promotion, grab it! Two tasty local beers (Nat Stanley or Granville Island) at 22 oz size!

The only thing that would make it better was if breakfast was included for Sheraton Elite members....

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Caroline G, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Edmonton Gateway, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at Four Points by Sheraton Edmonton Gateway. We love hearing from our guests and so happy that you had such a good stay. It's always nice to take advantage of underground parking with a delayed spring. We look forward to toasting Best Brew craft beers when you return!
Saskatchewan
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

After a 9 hr drive we arrived on Edmonton . I had booked online and this hotel had decent reviews , PEOPLE- it's awesome!!!
Lovely entrance and front desk staff,Lovely beds, lovely pillows... Lovely all round. Thanks you sheraton for a lovely stay

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank thesnowbirds
Thank you very much for your review. We are so delighted that you enjoyed your stay, especially after a long drive! We look forward to seeing you at the Four Points by Sheraton Edmonton Gateway again soon.
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

We are on a quick tour with the FIFA World Cup and flew into Edmonton overnight. Hotel is convenient to the airport, check in was efficient, room as expected but the restaurant was a hidden jewel that I never expected to find in an airport hotel. The menu is amazing and the flavor a are so intense in just the right portions.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for your review! We were so pleased to host you and the FIFA World Cup tour, and are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. We trust that the rest of your tour was wonderful as well. We hope to see you again soon!
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Apparently I booked a wheel chair accessible room. When we arrived, the kind man at the front desk upgraded us to a preferred suite on the 8th floor at no extra cost. We were only in town for some shopping, and this wasn't important to us, but we kindly thanked him and went to the room. The room had two TV's, one for the couch / living room area, and one at the foot of the bed. Interesting. We never used the couch, or the TV in that room. Room was very clean, with very comfortable beds. My one request when booking was that we were put at the back of the hotel, so to be on the opposite side of the main road. That was overlooked, but with the upgrade and being on the 8th floor, we didn't see it to be a problem. Once we turned off the tv, we both noticed this continuous noise. Not overly loud, but enough to keep you awake. Sounded like a helicopter was outside or on the roof.... or a train outside. But there was no train in sight. It wasn't terrible, just annoying. I was going to say something when we checked out, but I didn't bother.
Also, when we were upgraded to the suite, the man at the desk neglected to tell us that our complimentary hot breakfast that came with the room I booked, was no longer included in this upgraded room. I was a bit disappointed they hasn't specified that. I would have almost preferred to stay in our other room...
Overall, I would recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple