“Fabulous hotel!”

Four Points by Sheraton Edmonton Gateway
Ranked #29 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Stayed for four nights at this hotel as we were in town for a family wedding. The room was very spacious for four people (2 adults, 2 teenagers) and it had a fabulous bathroom. The only negative was that there were never enough towels for all of us, and we had to contact the front desk four days in a row, but every time the towels were delivered to our room promptly! The hotel is situated in a nice area, lots of restaurants and other shops and close to the Calgary Trail and Henday Drive. There is a nice White Spot restaurant attached to the hotel. Very quiet at night. We will certainly chose this hotel again next time we are visiting Edmonton!

Reviewed 16 August 2014

This hotel is new, clean and very nice to stay at. It is centrally located near shopping and restaurants and easy to get to the airport. The staff are very accommodating and nice. Beds are comfy and sleeping was no problem. The only thing I can say is it would have been nice to get more towels and the fridge froze our drinks. With that said we did not say anything so they really did not get a chance to fix anything. The other item that was a bit annoying was that it only had basic cable and we had no good menu to tell us what was on at what time. I hope they improve these things for our next stay there.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

The hotel is clean and comfortable, the front desk staff were friendly and efficient. We had to contact the front desk immediately after check in as the toilet was blocked or really slow going down and it was taken care of in an hour, there were only two bath towels so I requested two additional which were delivery within 5 mins. We ordered both supper and breakfast from the onsite White Spot restaurant, the supper was missing both a desert and a beverage and the breakfast we found a hair towards the end of the one breakfast, not that these things don't happen, other than that no issues. Our children really enjoyed the pool, I viewed the gym and they have more than enough equipment and in good condition for a good workout.

1  Thank Mark M
Reviewed 9 August 2014

This was the 4th stay in this hotel this year.
I stayed twice with my kids, and I was twice with business in Edmonton and I stayed at the same hotel.
What I can say ?
Very nice and very clean hotel. The people there are very polite and I could get any information I wanted.
My kids and I like to go in Edmonton 2-3 times per year for shopping and to have some fun at West Mall . This year I was very impressed with this hotel. Very clean rooms, spacious , large and bright bathrooms, and the best bed we ever slept. The beds are extremely comfortable, the rooms are quiet, you cannot hear the neighbour and really you can have a deep sleep. I don't know what brand they use for mattress and pillows, I will ask next time because I want to buy for my home the same.
The hotel's pool and hot tub have a very clean water. We enjoyed so match the pool, was almost 11PM and my kids didn't want to go to sleep. I tried the fitness room, it is very well equipped.
In the morning you can have a very nice breakfast, it is not expensive, but it worth the money . They gave us so much food that we didn't eat anything till the evening.
Now,my kids don't want hear of any other hotel , when we go to Edmonton.
From now on, when we go in a trip, this hotel (4 Points brand) will be our first choice.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Mihai_Calgary
Kylie O, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Four Points by Sheraton Edmonton Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Thank you for your wonderful review. We are so happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your recent stay with us as well as past stays. We thank you for your loyalty! We look forward to seeing you again soon! Take care.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Our host Taneya was excellent! Even when our plans changed and we added 2 adults to the room she was very accommodating. We enjoy this hotel every time we go, but to have our friends complement us on this choice was a bonus!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Scott C

Thank you for your great review! We are so happy that you and your friends enjoyed your recent stay with us - we loved having you! We hope to see you again soon. Take care.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Great hotel..... beautiful King size beds... room had coffee, tea, complimentary bottled water, microwave AND fridge. Option to forgo maid service and receive $5 off your next stay. Clean and tidy..... White Spot restaurant attached to lobby. All you could need. Only small disappointment was their business centre printer was out of toner..... for an evening. Made it impossible to print boarding passes and I think it should have been addressed instantaneously. Other than that - would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank AlyceTripp
Kylie O, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Four Points by Sheraton Edmonton Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear AlyceTripp,

Thank you for your review - we are thrilled that you enjoyed your time with us. We hope that you will visit us again soon. Take care.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Fairly close to WEM, Chinatown and Tim Hortins, what's there to complain? Great location, close to highway gives easy access to locations. Front desk was friendly, fast and helpful. When asked if it was our first time here, which it was (but certainly not last) they gave a quick and informative verbal tour. We had two rooms, 606+607. Both were splendid, clean and tastefully decorated. I noticed that one had a tub and one had an open showering area with glass folding doors, which I used and preferred since I like showering more. It depends on your taste, and it might be possible to ask for a room with one or the other. Both rooms had queen beds, which were soft and fluffy. Bottom line, I loved it and the rooms. Pretty quiet too. Swimming pool was great, wish I had more time for fitness room. Great value, about $560 for two rooms and two nights. Evens out to $135/room/night. There wasn't hot water when we wanted it, but it was refilled soon after as me and my cousin were chilling in the main lobby, which we found stunning. Thank you for such an amazing experience and first expression! Can't say anything about night staff, since we didn't leave our rooms after evening.

• Stayed: July 2014