“Great but slow”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Lewis Estates Golf Course
Reviewed 22 September 2012

Very nice city course. Grass is plush, layouts wonderful, nice and the right amount of trouble for me. The staff is also great anytime I've been there and the only issue not getting a 5/5 is it's always a long round of waiting shot to shot. Usually a +5hr round on weekends or 4pm tee times and meeting up with the group ahead on the tee box on more than half the hole. Really, other than that - it's close to home and well kept.

Management response:Responded 19 June 2016

Thank you for your comments.

Since this comment we have solved our slow play issue and we no longer have consistant 5+ hour rounds at Lewis Estates G.C. You will be happy to hear that our weekend average pace of play is 4 hours and 15 minutes.

Thanks for taking time out of your day to send us your concerns and comments, these comments we take seriously and we will use them to improve Lewis Estates G.C.

Reviewed 11 July 2012

This is an excellent course to play and enjoyable round of golf. It starts with the very friendly pro shop staff and continues with the resturant staff and all the way to the course marshall. Everyone was friendly and very helpful. The marshall stopped several times to make sure we were having a good time. The course was in excellent shape you could tell it is well maintained. We saw many staff working on the course while we were there. We finished a great round in about 4 /12 hrs. I would highly recommend this course to anyone that wants a great day of golf.

Management response:Responded 19 June 2016

Thank you for taking time to forward us your comments.

Reviewed 1 February 2012

I have golfed all of the public courses in the Edmonton area, and this course is one of my favorites. The course has an interesting layout with a good combination of water and sand hazards. The fairways and greens are always in great condition. A true Albertan feel to have a pumpjack in the middle of the course... You get a great value for your money here compared to other Edmonton courses, only $35/9 holes or $63/18 holes (weekends). The golf pro's here are also excellent as I have taken a few spring tune-up lessons here over the years. Ron is the best! The clubhouse is nice as well, and they serve fairly good food.

4  Thank jmarcy
Reviewed 24 September 2011

I play everywhere in edmonton and Calgary and I have to disagree with this plumbersback guy? Course conditions are outstanding, pro shop and clubhouse staff are very friendly and the food is very good for golf course standards. Slow play has never been an issue. I usually weekends in the afternoons with my regular 4 some and we love it! Only issue we have are the houses on #16, 17 and 18 way too close. Green fee rates are very competitive for this quality of course and conditions. I recommend Lewis estates to anyone visiting the Edmonton area! And by the way it is a 3 minute drive to river cree casino and mariott hotel.

1  Thank Publiccourseplayer
Reviewed 27 August 2011

Do not play this golf course if you want a quick round of golf, we thought it was bad the last time we played with a 4 3/4 hour round, we stopped playing after 14 holes at 4 1/2 hours starting at 2:30pm before twilight at 3pm, we paid $84.00 and the marshall was in a totally enclosed cart and flew by us everytime we saw him. Go to The Links at Spruce Grove for a great experience.

3  Thank theplumbersback