“Not returning”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Raven Crest Golf & Country Club
Reviewed 13 August 2012

Too bad. It's a nice course not too far from home but I'm not going back. Many opportunities came by this year to reconsider the option of going to Raven Crest as a golf choice but my last experience there is most probably my last experience there.

The staff/ marshalls were overbearing and pushy during our visit there. They can have it to themselves if that's what they're looking for. Many others in our group felt even more strongly about it than I did.

6  Thank bullbarley

Reviewed 29 May 2012

We decided to enjoy the weather and book a tee time for Raven Crest, mistake! I think only 2 of the 18 greens were in ok shape the rest were like putting on a dry cow pasture. The fairways we terrible with bare spots through out in fact my friends and I made a rule that if it lands in dirt or deadpan in the fairway move it off to a patch of grass. In some cases that was a hard task. Now it is spring in Edmonton so the courses are not going to be mint however I have golfed at Leduc and LEgends this year and they are about the same caliber courses and they were in FAR better shape and cheaper. Raven Crest has the gull to change 72 dollars for this goat track, when I made a complaint it was brushed off and not addressed seriously in any way. Will never go back. AVOID AVOID AVOID.

1  Thank realgolf
Reviewed 1 February 2012

It says country club but I disagree. It's just an ok course but they think otherwise. I got refused a bucket of balls on the driving range, because I wasnt wearing the right kind of shorts. lol. Give me a break. They will be begging for customers when the new course opens across the street in 2012. Spend you're $75 elsewhere.

4  Thank Shea1978
Reviewed 10 April 2010

Raven Crest seems to over book a lot. The last 3 times i've been there we've had a twenty minute wait at the first tee and a round takes nearly 6hrs. When I tried to ask why I was told to go elsewhere. My wife & I spend almost $7000. golfing last year & generally take 4.5 - 5 hrs per 18 holes. Needless to say we won't be golfing here anymore. Too bad because it's a fairly decent course. Just has a bad attitude. Seems to have forgotten who their clients are.

2  Thank speedline
Reviewed 28 September 2008

This course plays to a long hitter in most holes. There are good variety of lengths in the holes and and few sloped fairways and sloped greens. Putting is a challege on most holes.
The changes from open areas to treed areas are very scenic.
Play moves along well and the restaurant staff and menu selections are quite good. A high handicapper will find this course harder than average and a low handicapper with have to think about where to place their shot. An enjoyable round of golf can be played here.

1  Thank rongolf