“Worth The Wait”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
“Worth The Wait”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

This new addition to the jasper Ave restaurant scene has quickly become a super popular venue. The outside patio is pleasant even on a hot day due to the misters . The Fish Tacos are excellent and spicy , rare to find fish of this quality unless in an upscale restaurant. They were so good I ordered them again at our next visit.The beef carpaccio was outstanding and the fried capers an unexpected twist . Staff are very friendly . The bar is noisy but the restaurant less so.

• Visited July 2014

• Polish first
Edmonton, Canada
“Great Atmosphere in Oliver”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

There are so many different dining options in this area of the city, some newer and others older, this has to be one of my favourite restaurants in the city both in terms of ambience and atmosphere, especially when the patio is open.

It's promoted as more of an upscale casual restaurant but it does not have the pretentiousness of say, a more formal restaurant, nor does it have the exorbitant pricing of them either. I went here with a friend and had a delicious chicken sandwich with yam fries, the amount was a normal restaurant size portion, nothing too big or small, emphasis was placed on plating which is to be expected here. I found the food was relatively hot, not overly, my only complaint is that the yam fries were quite soggy. Food wise, I found it to be quite average, but no worse than other similar establishments in the general area. Apart from that disappointment, I found the service was attentive and generally friendly, I tipped the waitress quite generously too.

If you're looking for a good spot in the Oliver area with a nice ambience, new decor, and a great patio, look no further!

• Visited July 2014
“A very good meal”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

The restaurant and bar space is quite large. It was busy but there was still space to sit a party of 5 right away. In addition there is a large covered patio along Jasper Ave. Service was very professional and well timed between appetizer and entree. Best part of the meal was the fish ceviche appetizer. Everybody in our party enjoyed it including those who are not big seafood lovers.

I had Hunters Chicken with mushrooms, chicken breast, potatoes and beans. Very nice presentation and flavours. All members of our party enjoyed their meals. I would say this restaurant locally competes with restaurants like Joeys and Earls both on Jasper Ave and within a few blocks. I would rate it above both of them. Truthfully I would probably give it a 3.5 stars if I could. But it is closer to 4 than 3 so I chose 4 in my rating here. I will go back.

Visited June 2014
“Great Experience”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

My roommates and I came here on a very busy saturday night a few weeks back. We were greeted pleasantly at the door and told it would be a 30 minute wait for a table so we decided to put our names on the list. A server came by and got drinks for us and we found a table in the lounge rather than waiting for the restaurant, though the line seemed to be moving quickly. Our server (Jamie?) recommended some fantastic drinks and appetizers. Overall it was a great night with excellent food, drinks and atmosphere. We'll definitely return to the Cactus Club on Jasper!

• Visited June 2014
Fort Saskatchewan, Canada
“An Excellent Dining Experience”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We reserved for a Sunday evening. Our dining experience started with a very friendly and professional hostess seating us immediately. The service was excellent, and the menu was diverse, with something for virtually everyone. we both enjoyed three course meals, which were prepared and presented excellently. Our server was very efficient and professional, while maintaining a very friendly atmosphere. Although the restaurant was extremely busy, our course delivery was well timed. The pricing was reasonable, with the portions being perfect. We highly recommended this dining establishment as one of the places in Edmonton one has to visit.

• Visited May 2014