Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Edmonton North
Ranked #48 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Edmonton, Canada
“Overall Good!”
Reviewed 16 November 2013

i stayed in this hotel for 4 nights with my family ( wife , son 4 yr old) it was a pleasnt experience for the most part except for a couple hiccups, the hottub and pool were cold, advised the front des k and it was fixed within 2-3 hours, which is understandable, the breakfast was not anything to talk about however, 1 fruit (bananas) , 1 toaster, pancake machine kinda worked, no milk to drink like other holiday inns just had some yougart and there wasent much of that either, instead of just bacon like the other holiday inn this one had "eggs" and saugues rounds, they were both but there wasent anybioyd really running around making sure everything was kept up i arrived for bfast at 8-830 and there was no eggs and 1 sauasge left took 15 mins for me to find someone and get them to refill it, the cinamon bun are cold,and hard and dont taste very good at all. but the coffee was good. on the plus side we had a clean room, fresh sheets and towels in the morning with a paper at the door. and there are lots of good resturants near by ( i dont recommend the swiss chalet in the same parking lot as the hotel)

Room Tip: Back side of the building faces the LRT(Train) line little noisy not really noticable.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Red Deer, Canada
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I often do business in this area and have found this Holiday Inn to be a place I can count on for consistent quality. It's not fancy but it's is clean, the beds are comfortable, the breakfast (which is included) is pretty good, and the staff is friendly.

It's not a holiday spot. It borders a very industrial area of the City. If you need a good reliable place to stay for business I would recommend this.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank JayTW
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed 24 October 2013

This particular Holiday Inn is one we love to stay at whenever we're in Edmonton. It's well maintained, with friendly staff, comfortable beds, and large rooms.

Clean:
Usually I don't have a soak in hotel bathtubs. Finding leftover hairs etc ruins any relaxation achieved. But I was cold and tired so I took a chance and ran myself a bath. Not one hair or mysterious straggler! (and no it wasn't a bubble bath-I could see the length of the tub) As someone who used to clean hotels when younger, I know how much work goes into cleaning. I've always been pleased with this hotel's cleanliness but now I'm truly impressed.

Little Extras:
The other thing I love is when hotels add little extras. I don't usually bother with the dull hotel shampoos and soaps. But the amenities this hotel provides smell delicious. I forgo my own items in favour of the enticing aromas of their shampoo etc!

Room Tip: If you are sensitive to noise, like my husband, bring some earplugs. This hotel is on a busy road w...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 October 2013

On our way to this hotel we had our tire blow out on the highway. I called the hotel and tried to cancel the reservation because I knew we were not going to make it. I told them the situation, but they said because it was just over an hour past the cancellation time that they would still have to charge me for a full nights stay. With little to no customer service I will never book in this hotel again. There are lots of hotels in Edmonton so why waste your time on a hotel that doesn't care about their customers and in extreme circumstances would rather cash in on an unfortunate circumstance then express any sort of customer service. Thanks for nothing.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Deltravelguru
San Ignacio, Belize
Reviewed 23 September 2013

While I had difficulty booking the reservation thru Holiday Inn, As they did not know about thier own hotel even when I gave them the street it was on. The staff at the hotel was kind enough to explain to the corparate office where they were and that they did exist. For my trouble the front desk gave me an upgrade for being patient (Always be nice to the front desk everywhere) It pays off. The room was very nice (Jacuzzi Tub). Breakfast was nice as well. Entire hotel very clean and maintaned.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the other side of the train yard, if not Higher floors have less noise, Althou...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
North Vancouver, B.C.
Reviewed 5 September 2013

On our recent visit to Edmonton, we were fortunate to have booked into this well run, well maintained hotel. There was nothing disappointing with our stay here at all. The staff was very welcoming & friendly, the facility was certainly very adequate & even exceeded our expectations, with a pool & hot tub, & better than average complimentary breakfast bar.
If you require accommodations in North Edmonton, or it doesn't particularly matter what end of the city you are in, you won't be disappointed. Across the road is a Superstore & Costco among other retailers as well as a Swiss Chalet & Earl's restaurant also among eateries.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Nvaner
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 11 August 2013

i am visiting my family and i choose this hotel Holiday inn Express Edmonton North me and my wife we traveling edmonton area and visiting family because the day i staying holiday inn express it was a great day in my life and it is my second honymoon , the holiday inn express edmonton north it is great and excellent service it was in the morning the day i check in around 10h it was very very excellent the staff was helpful and friendly i think i remember amanda and belle they were excellent service give us. I and my wife we get the best jacuzzi and it was my second year honymoon it was perfect breakfast we have this is second time i stay this holiday inn express north . i will come back this perfect hotel holiday inn express north , thanks all the staff i can`t remember all names but next time i will remember every staff in this hotel it was very very excellent customer service. and every time i will stay this location .

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family