“Nice hotel, good ammenities”

Edmonton Marriott at River Cree Resort
Ranked #33 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Yellowknife, Canada
“Nice hotel, good ammenities”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2011

Stayed here for a conference at the resort. It accommodated the large group quite well. Rooms were bright an cheery, following an aboriginal theme being on the Enoch Cree Reserve. The hotel shares space with a casino that has a decent pub. If i were attending an event or one of their live shows, i would stay here again. It is, however, on the extreme west end of Edmonton, providing for some logistical issues

Room Tip: With not much around, i'd pick a room that was higher in the hotel
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2011

The facility is fantastic. Because it is on a reservation smoking is allowed indoors in some areas.
It is very far away from most things in Edmonton but there is a lot of things on the property. It would be an ideal place to stay for travellers who are planning to stick around the hotel for most of their trip.
There was some very loud banging at about 3AM, possibly pipes? Two of my colleagues who were staying on different floors were also woken up at the same time by the noise.

Spruce Grove, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2011

The hotel staff are all very friendly and helpful. We have had 2 conferences there for our organization for 100-150 people. Food is always great, tried the seafood buffet this time and it was quite good, as well (just missing the lobster!). Staff are always helpful and willing to please. Also, it was convenient to have Starbucks coffee on site.

Rooms are quite nicely set up, beds are super comfortable. I do find paying $16/night for internet to be quite pricey, though. And, they use Bath and Body Works amenities. I could hear noises from the hallway, but not from other rooms.

Casino is fun, except for the smoking section. Join the Player's Club for specials on foods, etc. It's free and easy to sign up for. Parking is also free and plentiful.

Room Tip: There is at least one room suitable as a hospitality suite - 2011.
Victoria, BC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2011

I stayed at this hotel for a professional convention and did not gamble at the casino, so bear this in mind as you read my review. The hotel is in the middle of nowhere and although there is a free shuttle to West Edmonton Mall, it's a bit of a drive. I like to run to start the day and there are no good running areas/paths around this hotel. My room and the hotel overall was very clean. Food at times very good, at times very bad (overcooked salmon at our lunch buffet that was inedible). Staff overall was excellent. Service staff at our dinner functions was especially good and someone at the front desk took the time to book a shuttle for my departure--very much appreciated. The business centre was very convenient but why did I have to leave my room for internet access? There should be free internet in rooms at this price point. I guess because it's on reserve land, the provincial no-smoking rules do not apply. I'm afraid having to deal with smoke in the lobby and elevator made a big difference in my stay. Soundproofing is not great and I had trouble sleeping with people talking in an adjacent room at 3 am (and I'm a little hard of hearing). If you like to gamble, and like to stay up late and chat, this may be the place for you.

Room Tip: There is an $18 shuttle from the airport which beats the $65 cost of the cab.
Yellowknife
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2011

The rooms here are clean and are decorated quite tastefully. My husband and I love to stay here without the kids so we can go to the casino and enjoy a night to ourselves. As well I always have the best sleep here the mattresses are amazing. If you are looking for a romantic getaway in Edmonton this is definately the place to stay. Also this hotel is pretty close to the West Ed and they even have a free shuttle to take you there. I would definately recommend this hotel!!!

Room Tip: Check out the deals so you don't pay so much and also sign up for Marriott Rewards it does pay o...
  • Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

This hotel exceeded our expectations. Yes, it is a casino hotel, but don't let that stop you from enjoying a good night's sleep here. Impeccably clean, front desk service professional and attentive. The beds were soooo comfortable and the room had all amenities you would hope for. We've stayed at much more expensive hotels for a quick one night's sleep and typically are disappointed in one way or another. River CRee is a hotel that Marriott can be proud of. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevators. Very quiet there.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Prince Rupert
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

We had heard about this hotel from coworkers but no one had stayed here. We had a bad experience a couple of years ago with a certain hotel in Edmonton and we vowed not to return but my kids wanted to go to WEM so we gave in and took them. When we arrived at the hotel we were amazed at the cleanliness this hotel was and the staff. They were ALL so friendly and courteous. The buffet every night at the hotel is fabulous and delicious. I cannot rant and rave enough about this hotel. The only thing we found difficult was trying to find it the first time when we arrived...we ended up calling the hotel for directions but after that we had no problems! We loved the hotel and it's location as to how close it is to the mall that our three night stay ended up being four!! We will definitely be back next year!!!!!! And I have recommended this place to all my family, friends and coworkers!! Thanks for a much more memorable experience!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family