“A great place to stay”

Villa Maria Country Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 29 Edmonton B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We stayed here for two nights in July 2014 on our vacation. We arrived early but were welcomed to leave our luggage as our room was ready. The room was very cozy and the breakfast was excellent. Mimi and Stefan were very friendly and caring host and very helpful for directions and attractions that are in the area - Betty

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 18 July 2014

My mum, Ausma and I stayed here in February when we went to see the Harry Potter Exhibition. Our room was nice and comfy and the breakfast was amazing (as well as the selection of teas). Mimi and Stefan (I hope I'm spelling that right) were super lovely and made us feel at home. :-)
-Molly

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank molly f
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I stayed here with my husband for a long weekend in July 2014. The accommodation is clean and spacious and Mimi and Stefan are friendly and caring hosts. They gave us excellent directions to wherever we wanted to go and provided whatever you wanted for breakfast. The best in Edmonton.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

My daughter (13) and I stayed 2 nights as we passed through on our road trip. Villa Maria is about 5 minutes to West Edmonton Mall. Mimi and Stefan are GREAT host. Breakfast are very good where were able to talk meat and talk with other guest. I strongly recommend VM if you plan to visit Edmonton.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 5 July 2014

A visit here is like staying at your grandma's house--in a good way. It's a large house designed to be a B&B, with several rooms and a little restaurant area for breakfast. Mimi, the hostess/owner, is so friendly and accommodating. She and her husband will prepare whatever breakfast you ask for! The older style decor is cozy and did remind me of my grandma's house, but everything was very clean and comfortable. My room was huge, with two beds, a fridge, a small TV, and an attached bathroom. It's in a quiet area just west of the city. Very peaceful. I definitely recommend Villa Maria's for a change of pace from bland hotels when visiting Edmonton.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Lora18
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Villa Maria Country Inn is the most hospitable place I have ever stayed. My husband and I came to Edmonton to visit my daughter, and Mimi and Stephan made us feel like we had come home. The accommodations were immaculate, and the room was absolutely comfortable, inviting, quiet, and a haven to us every time we came in from town. We had everything we needed to be comfortable, and much more than we expected when we felt such care and friendship from our hosts. I can't express what a special experience this was for us. To add that the breakfasts were delicious, the beds comfortable, the shower and bathroom bright and convenient, the linens selected carefully and provided abundantly seem an afterthought to the care delivered. We were able to use Villa Maria as our starting point for many ventures throughout Edmonton and into the Jasper area. When we return to Edmonton, it will be not only to see our beloved daughter, but to visit with two thoughtful, precious human beings. I am so happy our paths crossed. Thank you Mimi and Stephan. Peace, and safe travels to all.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I stayed for a week with my 12 year old niece. We enjoyed the tranquil environment, and felt like we were well cared for during our stay. We had wonderful homemade breakfasts and felt like our tastes were catered to. The rooms are large, very clean, comfortable, and quiet. The B&B is close to many of the activities we had planned, a playground a short walk away that my niece frequented. Mimi and Stefan were wonderful hosts.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family