“Excellent all-around experience...”

GreenLeadersGold level
Frederick, Md
“Excellent all-around experience...”
Reviewed 24 March 2009

Staying at Villa Maria was a fantastic experience! Some of the best parts of the B&B were it's clean and spacious rooms, great food, free wireless internet, and it's friendly owners Maria and Stefan. I would recommend this B&B to anyone that was staying in the Edmonton area, and was looking for something better than the typical hotel/motel experience. I will undoubtedly stay at Villa Maria during my next stay in Edmonton.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Saskatoon
Reviewed 18 March 2009

This is a wonderful bed and breakfast hosted by two very nice, hardworking people. the Inn is purpose built and has been designed to give people a good amount of privacy. They are just completing a new beakfast and sitting room as well. Most rooms have two double beds and there is a connecting room which is great for families. Rooms are basic with nice furnishings complete with small fridge and TV. We were offered a snack when we arrived and coffeee or tea which was really special. As this Inn is on the outskirts of town it is very quiet but migh be a little out of the way for some travellers. If you are at the West Ed Mall for something it is a great location or if you are travellin to or from Jasper it is also good. We know edmonto n well so it was no problem for us to stay here. We enjoyed the quiet and the slightly country atmosphere. restaraunts and shopping are only a few minutes away though. It is easy to see why this is rated so hightly. the breakfast was excellent complete with a lovely choice of entrees which you request the night before and breakfast times were very good. We had a great visit with our hosts and we know we will return.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
Calgary
Reviewed 15 February 2009

I have stayed at many B&B's over the years and Villa Maria has been my favorite by far! I felt extremely welcomed from the moment I arrived, our hosts went above and beyond to make our stay comfortable. Breakfast was served hot and fresh to order, and Mimi even went out of her way to prepare breakfast early for us when we were on a tight schedule. Our rooms were spacious, sunny, extremely clean, and very comfortable. After a busy day it felt like coming home. I highly recommend this B&B to anyone staying in the Edmonton area. I look forward to staying at Villa Maria again!

• Stayed February 2009, travelled on business
Nadi, Fiji
Reviewed 13 February 2009

Extremely hospitable couple who took care of our every need. Accommodation was clean and comfortable. Driving distance to West Edmonton Mall seemed close. I have been to a lot of places. Sometimes I splurge and sometimes I'm on a budget...... and I am very critical of everything so when I say for the price and in relation to what Edmonton has to offer, this place is a great option. Hard to find genuine service like that offered here. My thanks to you at Villa Maria! I'll be back!

• Liked — Superb Service!
  • Disliked — No Complaints!
  • Stayed February 2009, travelled with family
Nanaimo, BC
Reviewed 23 January 2009

I have stayed with Mimi & Stefan twice now and each time I have thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The B & B is truly beautiful inside, very clean, comfortable, quiet, and the homemade breakfast is delicious ! Mimi bakes from scratch and I love her cooking. When I leave I feel I am leaving friends. Such a sweet couple and a great place to stay. This last trip I had a job interview and they went way out of their way to help me get there on time. Truly above and beyond. I would recommend this B & B to anyone travelling. Close to the mall & the price is excellent.

• Liked — The host couple
  • Disliked — I loved everything !
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank nanaimokiddo
Canmore, Canada
Reviewed 30 December 2008

Staying at Villa Maria is like staying with family. Mimi and Stephan give a warm welcome and fantastic food. They help out in any way they can. They go above and beyond! Everything is spotlessly clean,comfortable and quiet. Highly recommended. Easy access to all Edmonton has to offer.

• Liked — the hosts
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank Martann
Victoria
Reviewed 20 December 2008

We loved the experience of staying at the Country Villa Inn. We stayed for 3 nites and it felt like coming home at the end of the day. Mimi and Stafan were wonderful people and made us feel right at home. Her breakfasts and coffee were a great way to start out the day, and we even got a treat at nite. If we ever go back to Edmonton, we will definitely stay there again.

Stayed September 2008