“It was almost like staying with family.”

Villa Maria Country Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 29 Edmonton B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 6 July 2009

We stayed at the Villa Maria for 3 nights. The accommodations are clean and comfortable. The breakfasts are amazing and very filling. We appreciated how our hosts helped us with all the little details. We were travelling by plane with a small child and Mimi provided us with a highchair and playpen to use at no extra cost. They are currently working on a common room/dining room for their guest. This will be a great addition to the B & B. We had a small family reunion at this location. Also, it is very close to West Edmonton Mall (less than 10 minutes drive). I would highly recommend this Bed and Breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family

Reviewed 28 June 2009

In February I stayed at the Villa Maria Country prior to an interview. I was made to feel extremely welcome from the moment I stepped out of the plane to the moment I returned to the airport. They personally came to pick me up from the airport and even rushed me back to catch my flight after my interview ran late.

Every second I was there, they made me feel like family. From drives to West Edmonton Mall to ensure that I had food to eat, a surprise freshly baked evening snack, to a breakfast made to your specifications.

If I come back to Edmonton I would definitely stay here again. They built the bed and breakfast themselves and it is perfect. With farmland surrounding the area, it is a peaceful oasis. Yet you are close enough to the city amenities to reach them quickly when needed.

The rooms are large, with your own bathrooms, and the bed is extremely comfortable. It is like having a home away from home.

Highly recommended to all in the area. You can tell this family runs this B&B from their heart and you will leave wanting to go back again soon.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business
mimisteve, Owner at Villa Maria Country Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2009

We'd like to send our heartfelt thanks to all our guests who have taken the time to register with TripAdvisor and leave us a review. Your kind words have made what we already enjoy doing that much more fulfilling! We look forward to seeing you all again and thank you for giving us the opportunity to be your home away from home.
Warmest Regards,
Mimi and Steve

Reviewed 21 June 2009

When I booked a night in the Villa Maria Country Inn, I was just looking for a bed and breakfast in the northwestern part of Edmonton. This one suited the criteria and was also the first one which had rooms available. It seems like you are staying on the edge of Edmonton, but you are at the WEM in no time and also the city center is not too far away. Mimi and Stephane were two very pleasant hosts which made the stay very comfortable. They are interested in their guests and very kind to kids. Due to their openness, the atmosphere was very familial. I can only recommend this B&B and would stay there again.

Reviewed 7 June 2009

This was my first experience at a bed and breakfast and my expectations were surpassed. The hosts, Mimi and Stephan, were amazing. It felt like we were staying with friends; much better than an impersonal hotel room. In the morning, we were served a great, made from scratch, breakfast and each night there was a sweet treat left in our room before bed. When we hit the road on our last day there, Mimi had cake left over from the night before and she sent it with us for our trip home.

The location was perfect! It was on the edge of town in an area that I think was zoned urban agricultural. Each time we returned to the inn, we were able to drive past the sheep, goat and horse, yet it was only 5 minutes from the West Edmonton Mall. On the day that we planned on going swimming at the Mall, Mimi gave us towels to take with us so we wouldn't have to rent them at the mall.

I have been raving about this country inn to all my friends! If you are planning on staying in Edmonton, I highly encourage you to stay at the Villa Maria!

Reviewed 6 June 2009

I have stayed at this property 4 times now and enjoy my stay every time. The hosts Maria and Stephan make you feel right at home and serve a great breakfast. The price is also a great value for what you get. 5 minutes to West Edmonton mall and the west end and a simple drive to the airport and I believe they offer shuttle services but you will have to contact them to make sure. Great place and I will be going back.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 May 2009

We've stayed at the Villa Maria Country Inn on a number of occasions now, and the quality of service, food and room cleanliness has always been the very best! Stephan and Maria are wonderful people, and more than willing to make your stay peaceful and comfortable.

The Villa Maria Country Inn is in Edmonton's west end. Access is easy, and a trip downtown or to West Edmonton Mall is quick and easy.

The Villa Maria is no ordinary Bed & Breakfast. It was designed & built for Maria in order to provide the very best small country inn experience. The Villa is spacious, quiet and impeccably clean. The decor is eye catching and pleasing.

The food is mouthwateringly tasty! Both Stephan and Maria cook, and they're masters! You have to stay here just to enjoy their breakfasts!

The prices are very reasonable...especially given the quality of the inn, the service and the food. It is affordable to families who wish to experience the best a Bed & Breakfast has to offer.

After having stayed here a few times, we have come to be friends with the owners, making staying here so much more enjoyable than any hotel could hope to offer a client.

But don't believe me. Come stay with them and experience the best Bed & Breakfast Edmonton has to offer for yourself.

Kurt & Tamara B.

Reviewed 19 May 2009

The atmosphere was very inviting and warm when we came in. Meeting with Stephan and Maria was such a joy. They made you feel welcome as soon as you walked in the door! Our room was a one I think queen size bed?? We had our own bathroom/full shower. There was even a mini fridge to put beverages in and small food items if required. We came for a weekend of shopping at the West Edmonton Mall and also to the Galaxyland and Waterslides. The distance from the Villa to the Mall was no more than 10 minutes pending traffic. Maria and Stephan have maps to many places to see and do that are easy to follow. This B&B was nice and quiet away from noisy traffic and the hustle and bustle of city life. In the evening there was a night cap left for us - homemade cream puffs. We were asked what we would like for breakfast the next day and the choices were good and the food was so tasty and you were not hungry after. There was tea, coffee, and juice offered. We sat at your usual dining room setting but they were renovating while we were there so we are looking forward to see the exciting changes on our next weekend away! If we could have stayed longer it would not have been hard to stay and visit. Maria and Stephan - Thank you for an excellent memory and we are looking forward to visiting you again! I must add that the outside is adorned with beautiful flowers and shrubbery and Stephan is growing grapes too... the parking is in the front of the Villa and is concrete and nicely paved. If you had any doubts before you read this... I hope they are gone because it will be a very positive vacation away!

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple