“Very nice hotel”

Ranked #62 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Canada
“Very nice hotel”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I stayed one night at the hotel and took advantage of the casino during my stay! This gave me $5.00 off my room rate. The friendly woman at the front desk was fabulous. No hot tub/pool or breakfast unfortunately. The room was large, clean and comfortable. I suffered an allergic reaction during the night and was up in the night searching the internet for the pillow company in order to find out if there were feathers in the pillow. YES there are. I checked out very early due to the feather situation. It did not enter my mind that hotels still use feathers in their covers or pillows. Lesson learned. I still highly recommend this hotel but allergy sufferers beware. I could have requested non-feather pillows at the front desk. This is a totally non-smoking facility including the casino.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank nlw2
TLCentury, Hotel Supervisor at Century Casino and Hotel Edmonton, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Thank you very much for taking time to write your review, we appreciation your comments and concerns.

We are glad that you enjoyed our facilities, however it is disappointing to hear the your stay was somewhat unpleasant.

We do have combination down pillows in our hotel rooms, however we also offer a hypo-allergenic alternative which we can arrange prior to arrival.

Thank you again for your review, we look forward to making your next stay with us as comfortable as possible!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Brooks, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed 1 March 2014

We stayed for three nights were happy with our room,beds were nice,my only complaint was no fridge or microwave! We were not happy with the restaurants food and service was not good! I would not recommend this hotel for couples with children! The lady who was working the front desk when we checked in was really nice got us free tickets to yuk yucks!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Tammysmith826
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review!

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay in the hotel. Unfortunately our hotel rooms are incapable of supporting refrigerators and microwaves, however we are working on a solution to this issue to better accommodate our guests.

I would also like to note for future guests that we do accommodate children, however we do not supply playpens and the One-31 restaurant is the only one in the building able to accommodate children until 2:00pm.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write us a review, we appreciate your feedback!
St. Albert, Canada
Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

We spend valentine's day at the Century Casino, we first saw a show and we had booked a room, we got room 302 which is on the 3rd floor and close to the elevator and ice machine, at first I was disappointed when I saw where the room was, the room was very clean and very big, the bed was quite comfortable too. Since the room is in a casino no kids are allowed so I found it to be very quite and managed to get a good night sleep none the less. Overall I was impressed with the hotel and would recommend it

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for us!

We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to accommodating you in the future!

I would just like to note for future guests that we do accommodate children as the hotel is not located inside the casino and we also have a restaurant located next to the front desk that serves all ages until 2:00pm.
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I travel a lot for business and normally would pass the Casino and one day I decided to stay here and I so totally love the place!! I've stayed here a few times already and will continue to do so. The staff are the best and your rooms are just perfect!!! You'll see more of me!

Room Tip: The beds are most comfortable!!!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for writing us a review!

We are glad that you enjoy staying with us, we will continue to strive for the best customer satisfaction and accommodate you the best we can!

Thank you again!
Fort McMurray, Canada
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We loved our stay here. The staff are very helpful and the newly renovated rooms are very nice with comfortable beds. Great restaurant and casino onsite. We had a ball at the comedy club located there as well.

• Stayed August 2013
Cochrane, Canada
Reviewed 13 October 2013

We spent three nights at the Century Casino Hotel we admit that I was quite taken aback when we walked into the room, it was absolutely huge. The bed, furnishings and bathroom all look like the room has been recently renovated and everything was spotlessly clean. There are only about 24 rooms at this casino so its relatively pretty small and there are no gym/spa facilities.
The casino restaurants were good and the staff friendly. They have Yuk Yuks Comedy club on the premisis and if you're timing is right they bring in some pretty good entertainment. And no we didn't make any money at the Casino because the purpose of our visit was to volunteer at the Casino for charity and you are not allowed to gamble : )

Room Tip: There are only 24 rooms so its pretty limited availability
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed 11 June 2013 via mobile

Stayed there for 3 nights last week. The rooms were clean and had plenty of space. The beds were comfortable and I got a good rest, one night sleeping for ten hours. There is plenty of on site entertainment and food options and the location to the trade show at northlands was great. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013