“Just Fine” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #63 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Saskatchewan
“Just Fine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2008

Like many other people, the $59 rooms where 'not available' and I was charged $79. For the price I was happy with the room, new TV, Microwave, fridge and two beds. The sheets where not 100% clean, but close enough. The two gentlemen working at the front desk where very pleasant. For the price I was happy with my stay.

• Liked — Clean(ish) room. New TV, microwave TV. Clean Bathroom
  • Disliked — The $59 room turned into $79
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with friends
1 Thank oneway911

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Charlottetown
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2008

I am a tour manager for a band who toured Western Canada for over a year. So as you can guess, our expectations aren't that high since we stay in cheap hotels/motels every single night.

Chateau Motel we've stayed at a few times, just out of convience (close to the airport). Everytime I stay there, they give us a different price, 85$, 79$ 75$...etc. The management drives me crazy!!! We were getting in really late one night (after a 10 hour drive) and the owner called me about 3 times to make sure we were still coming. When we got there, we went to our rooms and were going to bed (getting up at 7am) and he called my room twice to make sure we didn't have any parties, and not to be loud. Just because we're in our 20's doesn't mean we're party animals!! It was very discrimanating, especially since this is what we do every night.

The rooms are pretty standard, I agree with the person who said the non-smoking rooms smell very much like smoke. Also, make sure you don't get the room closest to the office, it's next to the laundry room and you will be awake ALL night listening to water dripping and it's insanely hot.

Anyone who wants to stay here, don't expect much other than a place to sleep.

• Liked — Close to airport
  • Disliked — Management!!
  • Stayed January 2007, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank drinking_a_smoothie
Saskatchewan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2008

After reading several reviews, I thought I would give this place a chance. We called and asked for non-smoking and the host said no problem and stressed how clean the rooms were.

The advertisements said $59 and up so I knew it wasn't fancy, but according to others it was clean and acceptable. WRONG. When we pulled up, it looked okay. The sign said clean, quiet, etc so we thought it would be all right. We were charged $79 for a queen bed kitchenette and I knew I had been taken.

The first thing that greeted you when you walked into the room was how much it reeked of smoke. I used to smoke, and my husband does and it really turned both of us off. It had not been smoked in only once and it had DEFINITELY been smoked in that day.

The bed looked as though it had b een slept in and remade. The bedding smelled like smoke.

The kitchen sink had noodles in the drain.

There were baseboards missing, holes in the wall and 2X4s covering a few holes under the sink in the bathroom.

There were black hairs in both the tub and the sink.

And it was VERY LOUD. Right along the highway like many other hotels we've stayed in, but it was so loud every time a semi drove by the room it practically shook. Never mind that we could almost hear our neighbours talking. Not shouting, talking.

Let me finish by saying that I am not an extremely picky person, which is the reason why I even considered booking here. Never again.

• Liked — the price
  • Disliked — everything else
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Calgary, Alberta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2007

This is good basic accommodation. The rooms are clean, the beds are comfortable and the check in service was friendly and efficient.

• Liked — Good price, comfy beds, clean bathroom
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank britcanuck
Calgary
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2007

I called around this BOOM town and,of course,everything has gone up in price.I saw the sign ( 59.95 for a single) I drove in and asked the rate for 2 beds.I got 2 double beds (non-smoking) on the second level for 79.95 plus tax per night.So I split it with a friend,and with taxes it came to about 44.00 each per night.The room was very clean,everything worked fine.Some outside highway noise and a noisy neighbor who arrived at 400 am to take a shower and watch t.v. (urgg!) Nice large (older) flatscreen television with cable,microwav and mini-fridge.Overall,this place was the best value in Edmonton and I did 2 days worth of research before travelling.Its on the outskirts(south end) so if you are needing the airport to be within a reasonable commute,than this is the place.There is a 24 hour mini grocery store and liquor store next door.The staff rang our room by mistake and woke us up,but did apologize later.The big problem with travelling within Alberta these days,is the staff quite often are new and inexperienced,making it difficult for things to get done properly.

• Liked — Cleanliness and price
  • Disliked — Highway noise and neighbor noise.
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled with friends