“Worst service I have ever experienced ”
Review of Chateau Motel

Chateau Motel
Ranked #64 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Sydney
“Worst service I have ever experienced ”
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

My Boyfriend and I chose this hotel for its affordable rates and semi good reviews on expedia, we only wanted a motel for 2 nights as this is only a stopover. We aren't picky people and have both stayed in hostels and dodgy places before. This motel takes the cake on horrible service and its inability to tell us things we definitely should have known prior to booking. We arrived and were told that they didn't submit our payment yet, which was fine, but then they decided to charge us an extra $23 without even notifying us about it. We only realized the price change when we went to our room to find we now had 2 queen beds instead of one, when my boyfriend confronted them they said "yeah sorry, we didnt have that room and we don't have any others for you, enjoy". That was strike one. Checking the bed we find hair from previous people and a few crumbs still in the sheets and even rubbish left next to the bed. Strike two. Went to try and have a shower and find we can't even do that, because it doesn't work properly, we confronted them about that and they said "no idea what's wrong with it, and we don't have anyone to fix it", they never offered us any help, or tried to fix the shower at all, they didn't even come upstairs to check anything. Every time you walk down their they are rude and huff and puff as you walk around.

I don't even think I need to say anything else, it was just a horrible experience, one I have never had before and hope to never have again. I hope no one else has the same experience as we went through. Definitely do not recommend this place at all.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank kyra_ha23

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Duncan, Canada
Reviewed 17 February 2014

What a dump. I heard banging all night, sounded like someone was doing construction work...I mean WTH was this person doing until midnight!!!! Heard other banging around from all directions. bathroom has mold all over the shower, (to the owners) its amazing what cleaning products can do these days. Heater only worked at one setting HOT. Found hairs all over the bedding, I swear they never put clean sheets on after last guest. Towels are so thread bare...Jesus, you can buy towels for so cheap these days. The bathroom fan didnt work. Half the TV channels didnt work...some channels had no sound. Cars starting up all hours of the night. When leaving I saw a police car pull up and do a slow drive by in the back parking lot. I suspect they are a constant presence at this place. You definitely get what you pay for at this dump. The only positive thing was the location. They should bulldoze this building. I have stayed in budget hotels all over N. America and besides Detroit..,,,this was by far the worst. Pay 20 bucks more and stay somewhere else. $69 a night was not worth it...if you do stay here bring some bleach to clean the bathroom...I am positive the bathroom has never been cleaned with disinfectant. I am not sure what rooms the ppl stayed in who gave good reviews but I was definitely not in one of those rooms.

Room Tip: Just choose a different motel
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Jason M
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 29 January 2014

me and my boyfriend stayed here for a night and we find the place affordable and they have a good service. the front desk is very nice he gave us special price for a special room. the place is quiet and clean...compare to other motel here is better place with reasonable rate. =)

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank madz82
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 29 January 2014

The motel has a very friendy staff and accommodating to all your needs. The rooms are clean smell fresh and very nice furnitures with flat screen tv. Room electronic doors are cool and awesome.Me and my friend enjoyed our stay here very quiet and close to all amenities plus new open tim hortons store is just around the place. Thier price in unbeatable very affordable. .we will definitely come back and stay here again. Thanks

• Stayed January 2014
Elk Point, Canada
Reviewed 22 January 2014 via mobile

We were in the motel on the 16 jan it is a nice property, clean, very friendly staff, 24/7 front desk service, taxi in few minutes, close to the airport, clean rooms, lots of parking space. We really loved the environment of the hotel, room rates are reasonable Easy on pocket. Very nice place to stay.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Banisha S
Reviewed 25 December 2013 via mobile

Don't know if it changed hands recently, but I didn't experience problems mentioned in other reviews. Stayed over Christmasand had no problems. Rooms are small for more than two people. It isn't a five star hotel, but for what you pay is alright. Kitchenette is small but adequate.Rooms are small for more than two people, we had four and with our stuff the room.was crowded. If you are used to five star, give it a miss. If you need a place to sleep for one or two nights, check it out. Decent value for your dollar.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Gordon S
Reviewed 18 October 2013 via mobile

I stayed for one night and it will be my last. Front desk lady doesn't treat her customers politely. Doesn't respect price and assume that clients are lying regarding the numbers of client per room. It might be a motel but it's simple customer service.

Bad business.