“Very impressed overall!!”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites West Edmonton
Ranked #23 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
“Very impressed overall!!”
Reviewed 27 October 2011

My wife and two children stayed here for a night while we were going to an oilers game. Room was nice and clean. Very quiet even though they had a full house. Lots of parking. Room service was excellent. Close to mall. Would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed October 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Canada
Reviewed 11 September 2011

The Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites in Edmonton has a nice new pool and hot tub area to enjoy. The rooms are pleasant enough. The bathrooms are spotless. The coconut lime shampoos samples and soaps are a nice touch. Our room did not have a microwave for our budget price and that would have been appreciated as an inclusive. I had a good sleep even though we were on the traffic side of the building. The beds were definitely comfy enough. It would have been nice to have a free breakfast offered. This hotel is one of the better hotels I stayed in this week. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Probably the rooms in the back of the building are going to be quieter.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Saskatchewan
Reviewed 13 August 2011

We ate supper in the hotel restaurant and the on thing that was done well was the wings. Two orders of chicken salad tasted like the chicken was boiled and tough, my steak sandwich meat was tough, it looked like a child cut it off the cow, cold. The waitress did not ask how our meal was, we only saw her when the we ordered, she delivered the meals and when she took the plates away. Very poor restaurant service.
The hotel was clean front desk service was good. Our coffee pot stopped working and we had a new one within 10 minutes of calling.

Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 22 July 2011

all I have to say is this is the worst customer service i have ever had in my life.
I always stay here at this hotel when I visit lovely Edmonton, I reserved a room for 4 nights just recently, after arriving at this hotel they said they could nt take my credit card which they always took, i Have spend about 5 thousand dollars here in last year i would think i would be valued hell no,
They said sorry and let me leabe with my heavy luggage out in the pouring rain like i was a Nobody

Do not stay here heidi is also an unthgoughtful manager that never even had the gull to call me

dont ever stay here you will regret

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank CHURCHGIRL4U
Regina, Canada
Reviewed 29 May 2011

I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn and Suites West Edmonton. When I walked into the room, I was amazed on how big it was and how clean it was. I had the Executive King Room. There was a separate bedroom and living room. Also, there was a microwave, small fridge, and a bar sink; plus dishes and cutlery to use. It wasn’t within walking distance to West Edmonton Mall, but a 5 - 10 minute drive from the hotel. One great thing that I liked, was the fact that it was really close to the Yellowhead Highway, which made it easy to get to the hotel and to leave when it was time to go home. Also, the front desk staff were really helpful. The only complaint that I have is they could have a better lounge. The only lounge area they had was in with the restaurant and you didn’t know if the area was all restaurant or part of it was a lounge. All in all, the stay was pretty good.
Also, there is free internet.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
Whitehorse
Reviewed 24 April 2011

Have stayed at this hotel many times and enjoyed it. In April 2011 someone attempted to break into my truck causing it damage. When I reported it to the Holiday Inn they stated security checked every two hours. They didn't offer any compensation or security satisfaction for that matter. I cut my stay early because I was worried about my truck getting broken into again!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Hunter015
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 8 April 2011

Accomadating staff. Basic HI rooms. Internet kept kicking in and out. My only complaint is minor - the property is in an industrial area - if you don't have a vehicle you are left with a Tim Hortons down the block and a so-so restaurant/bar off the lobby.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business