Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites West Edmonton
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Aladdin Motel(Edmonton)
View Hotel
All reviewsricky's restaurantroom was cleanattached restaurantwest edmontonnice hotelshort drivepool and hot tubshopping tripbusiness tripfront desk staffa wonderful stayeasy accessup to datehotel is locatedwould stay here againstayed for nightsking suite
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 May 2013

The hotel is newer and very clean. Our room was comfortable and on the top floor. They offer a selection of pillows, which is nice. The bathroom was comfortable, with a nice shower head. We didn't get a chance to use the pool, but it looked good.

We left an item in the room and the front desk attendant was very helpful in helping us retrieve it later that afternoon.

The only negative of our experience was that there was a fire alarm at 6 am on a Sunday morning due to smoke in the restaurant (apparently). We had to go outside in the cold with a six month old baby and wait or the fire fighters to let everyone back in. Apparently the front desk did not have keys for the restaurant and that slowed everything down....it was not a pleasant way to start the day. The hotel did not provide anything to the guests for the inconvenience of the fire alarm. I had emailed the hotel manager and never received any form of a response. That was very disappointing. It appears they do not want repeat stays at their hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 May 2013

I stayed at this hotel a few nights ago. The hotel was clean and my bed was comfortable, we used the pool and Hot Tub which was basic but that's all we needed. For a lot of people this may be enough but as someone who works in customer service I was disappointed in the service from the front desk staff. We were no one, we were not greeted when we walked past the desk, at check in they checked us in but not much else. I like to go places where staff is friendly, where they say good morning, where you are acknowledged. I like to be comfortable and a part of this is making me feel like I can go to the desk and ask questions. We ate in the restaurant adjacent for breakfast and their staff was amazing they greeted us and made us feel so comfortable, if that location and staff were in my city I would go there all the time. The front office staff should take a few lessons from the restaurant and then this hotel would be excellent and I would recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 May 2013 via mobile

I booked through Expedia and I wasn't sure if it would really be as described. It was, if not better. Hotel staff were friendly, helpful, and informative.
The rooms were clean, spacious, and modern.
The only complaint I had was the hot tub bleached my bathing suit a nasty green color from poor chemical maintenence.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Amelia N
Reviewed 25 February 2013

On Friday, Feb 22, 2013, we stayed at the Holiday Inn and even though this was just a regular room without any extra whistles, it was extremely clean and comfortable. We have tried the high end rooms but just want to say that regular rooms are just as comfortable and clean. So thank you Holiday Inn Housekeeping for making our stay very comfortable.

Room Tip: I always prefer room that is in the middle of the hallway away from elevetor and always on the higher floor.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Anar J
HIEdmonton, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites West Edmonton, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2013

Dear Anar,
Thank you very much for your recent stay at the hotel. I am very glad that you had a great experience during your stay. Our hard work of providing all of guests with the best possible stays paid off, yet again. I will definitely share your thoughts with the rest of the housekeeping team. Look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Reviewed 23 February 2013

We stayed at the hotel in Feburary 2013 so that we could visit the Mall with our two children. The hotel was very clean and checking in was quick. Our room was large and perfect for our needs. The pool and hot tub was great at 5.30am, when the children wanted to do something. The breakfast was perfect for families.
It is a track to the Mall by foot, around 45 minutes, but only 5 by car.
Staff were all very helpful.
Would use again.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
HIEdmonton, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites West Edmonton, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2013

Dear Maria, it was a great pleasure having you and family here with us during your recent visit of the city. Thank you for your kind words about our hotel and staff. We would love to see you again for your next trip to Edmonton.

Warmest regards!