“Superb Experience for Meat Lovers!”
Review of Meat

Meat
Ranked #13 of 2,640 Restaurants in Edmonton
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 3 January 2018

Everything about MEAT is great... I love the spacious, long tables that are fantastic for big groups of friends. The meat is the star though, with delicious smoky chicken, sausages, and brisket*. Order ANY of the sides with confidence, fries, coleslaw, mac/cheese are all amazing, and the beans are out-of-this-world. Try ALL the table BBQ sauces, they are delicious!

You'll love the drink selections as well, MEAT features some great bourbons and excellent beer-on-tap choices.

Service at MEAT is top-notch, you'll feel special and taken care of here.

*So why not 5 stars? Well, the last two times I've been to MEAT, the brisket has been awfully fatty. This is particularly disappointing for me, as brisket is the primary reason I come back to MEAT... I've had spectacular super-lean brisket at MEAT before, but I think perhaps they are getting just a smidgen lazy with trimming their brisket of late. If we were talking just a bit of fat I wouldn't even mention it, but the last two visits, the brisket has had huge chunks of fat throughout. I personally wouldn't serve such brisket to a guest at BBW in my backyard. I hope they can get this back to the way it was, and get that brisket back to the meaty delight it once was.

All in all though, MEAT is a special experience, you won't regret eating here!

Reviewed 21 December 2017

We had a preholiday season family dinner. There is a no-reservation system, so go with the idea that you will have to wait, and do so patiently, knowing that when it is your turn to sit and enjoy your meal, you too will want to savour your food. It is worth the wait.
We tried the brisket, Apple smoked chicken, and ribs. They were all very good, and if you want to slightly alter their already tasty flavours, yoh can try one of the three delicious sauces.
We also had the the Brussels sprouts, baked beans, and zucchini as the veg of the day. All were very good, full of unique flavours.
This was a very good dinner, good service, nice night out.
The one drawback was the fact that this place is so popular, it is full, and the acoustics are such that it is pretty noisy. This is not a place for quite and private conversation.

Reviewed 13 December 2017 via mobile

Love this place! Food is served family style (share large dishes among the table) and is an overall excellent experience.

Everything we've ever ordered has been exceptionally delicious, with favourites being the mac and cheese and the beef brisket.

Service has always been on point, although it is normally busy so there could be a wait for a table. Worth it in my opinion :)

Reviewed 9 December 2017 via mobile

We had the brisket sandwich with garlic fries. The service was ok, food was delivered in good time. The brisket sandwich was delicious. But the fries were absolutely nasty. The garlic was absolutely overpowering. I started having problems tasting the rest of the food. I asked the waiter if they make the fries without the garlic. And the answer is yes. So when I come back I will request that they don't add garlic to the fries.

Reviewed 9 December 2017

I really like the beef brisket. Every sauce is tasty. Great environment. I like to hangout at Meat on weekends. But definitely not for vergetarian