“It's Just Ok”

Buffet Royale Carvery
Ranked #978 of 2,615 Restaurants in Edmonton
Price range: US$13 - US$21
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Buffet, Reservations
Description: Voted Edmonton's Best Buffet! Serving AAA Prime Rib, Slow Roasted Turkey, and over 100 other premium dishes. Stop by for Lunch, Only $16.99. Enjoy our deluxe brunch every Saturday and Sunday 11am - 3pm. Dinner service starting at 3:30pm for only $27.99. Enjoy a healthy home style meal at Buffet Royale Carvery.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Buffet Royale has ok food. We don't eat pork and they had an excellent selection of meats on the carvery table (all pork). Cheese pizza was ok. Kids ate food which means their food was tasty enough. I knocked myself a few times on the warming light which are situated quite low. For 2 Adults and 2 children we paid $100 plus tip. Buffet doesn't include drinks which would have been nice to know ahead. Not $100 value but just Ok.

Wayne H, Guest Relations Manager at Buffet Royale Carvery, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi there Trish
Thanks for your review. Glad you found most of the dishes to your liking. We'll consider your comment regarding the pork issue though and whether we might somehow make it more clear as to the drinks policy. We'll also look into whether or not we should adjust the lights up a bit.
Thanks again,
The Buffet Royale team

Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

We visited here with family and we were all Impressed with the variety of food available and of course the chocolate fountain was great only we were too full to take full advantage of it. The only fault is that we later returned to buy a gift voucher and my husband was a good 15/20mins waiting on staff to issue a voucher.we wanted to get a voucher for 2 ppl but we're told that the amounts only came In 25 /50/ 100 dollars despite there being signs up Inside saying that amounts could be customised. It was a bit annoying but overall was a good place to visit

Wayne H, Guest Relations Manager at Buffet Royale Carvery, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2018

Hello there. Thanks for leaving the positive review,. We’re thrilled you enjoyed our restaurant, we like making our customers happy at Buffet Royale! We will look into and the issues you had with getting your voucher - we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. I hope to see you again soon.
Regards, The Buffet Royale Team.

Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

The ethnic east Indian lady is beyond rude

How head office tolerates this bad behavour is beyond me

I have the loyalty coupon and she made me wait over 10 mins making me feel that I am commuting a fraud for the 10.00 off offer that I received by e mail and making phone calls to prove it was a valid offer

I live on the west end but yet I choose to drive 20 km away to the fort road location

Like I said

Make your way to the fort road location for service with a smile

Address there is 12866 fort rd

There is a younger Asian waitress that is the face of the company there

Delightful and welcoming

Do not waste time with this east Indian lady at the west end with a horrible attitude
She will be sure to leave a very bad taste in your mouth

Why I gave this place a 2nd chance is beyond me

No 3rd time I promise !

The way she treats staff

I can see why turn over for staffing is an issue

2  Thank Curtis L
Wayne H, Guest Relations Manager at Buffet Royale Carvery, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2018

Hello there Curtis. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I sincerely apologize and we understand your frustration. We try to maintain the highest standards of service and food quality, but it’s clear we fell short in your case. I will forward along your feedback to the top management.
- The Buffet Royale Team

Reviewed 23 April 2018 via mobile

If you like buffet you got to eat here huge selection very flavorful great bang for your buck will definitely be back

Wayne H, Guest Relations Manager at Buffet Royale Carvery, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2018

Thanks for the great review "barrtech". Glad you enjoyed your visit. Come back soon.
The Buffet Royale Team

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Yes there is a very large selection / variety .The internal temperature of the hot foods would not meet health safety standards! Very unappetizing to eat stew or shepards pie only to find the surface warm but the interior cold! Save your $$ & go for quality food.

Wayne H, Guest Relations Manager at Buffet Royale Carvery, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Hi Linda
Thanks for your review and feedback. We are sorry to hear that your experience at our restaurant did not meet your (or our) expectations. We work very hard at ensuring the best quality dining experience for all of our guests. All food is kept at regulation temperatures. If you would like your food to be served hotter, please feel free to ask your server for a hot item to be prepared for you.
The Buffet Royale Team