“Delicious food, strange location”

Allegro Italian Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Allegro Italian Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #123 of 2,390 Restaurants in Edmonton
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Description: Allegro's menu reflects the best from Italian food Allergo, as most of you know, is a musical term that means lively, and the restaurant rendition run smartly by Rico Ferri and Jack Menghisteab certainly lives up to its namesake. Allegro offers a completely separate concept with a warm, intimate restaurant featuring the best dishes. You can refer to our menus for a list of dishes available at Allegro. Allegro Italian Kitchen has received rave reviews for its contemporary design, exceptional meals and all-around wonderful dining experience; In the summer, you can dine inside or out on the patio and savor one of many mouth-watering meals, including pasta, chicken, risotto and many more, and a selection of fine wines. The live piano music makes this dining experience unique with a beautiful atmosphere.
Toronto, Canada
“Delicious food, strange location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

The location currently shown in the photos here is not the actual location it is at now. The outside is a bit sketchy, with a small run down patio on a main street.

The inside is clean and warm with a nice ambiance. The food was delicious! Prawns and calamari as appetizers, and I had salmon ($28) as a main course. It was a huge piece served with veggies (zucchini, asparagus, peppers, etc.) and risotto (you could also choose pasta instead). A bit salty for my taste but still yummy! The servers were helpful and attentive.

• Visited November 2013

Edmonton, Canada
“Minestrone good if you like some spice”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

I came for lunch with a friend and the restaurant was about half full. We had the option of eating on the patio but we didn't want to risk our food being blown away or sand blowing into it. There were a few tables to choose from and we picked up towards the back.

The menu included pastas and sandwiches. The sandwiches are served with a salad and penne pasta so a great deal! My friend ordered the chicken sandwich and it looked good. She was only able to eat half since it was so much food.

We asked our server if there were smaller sizes of pasta and he mentioned you can get a lunch sized portion for about $3 cheaper. The pastas are around the $15 price so you can order and likely have leftovers or get the lunch size.

I wasn't too hungry so I ordered the minestrone soup for $9. I noticed the buns they serve are huge so I knew it would be filling. The soup has large chucks of potatoes, broccoli, celery, and carrots. It was good for those who like a bit of spice but since I can't handle it much, I didn't drink much of the soup and enjoyed the veggies. It was a big bowl though, and a decent meal with the bun.

If I had ordered another item, I likely would have enjoyed it more. I will definitely be back for lunch and try a sandwich or pasta next time.

• Visited May 2013
Edmonton, Canada
“Meh.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

Four of us had dinner and the general consensus was that the food was average. My wife gave her Chicken Parmesan a 3/10 saying it was dry and way too salty. My lemon veal was decent. Our friends pasta dishes were OK. They charged for pop refills which is a cheap way to make $3 in my opinion. It had been a number if years since our last visit hear and we'll likely be in no rush to return. One nice touch was the pianist that played during dinner, which contributed to a nice atmosphere.

• Visited October 2013
Langley City, Canada
“Food was fabulous, but...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013

Food was fabulous, but...the outdoor patio was horrible, dead trees, plastic chairs and smokers hanging around. We asked to be moved inside which was more pleasant. The waiter Darren was shall we say , unrefined, he did as little as possible, until it was time to pay the bill, then he turned on the phoney charm and pretended to be interested. He was missing teeth and looked kind of shabby. Having said that, the food was absolutely delicious, very flavorful, I had the Cannelloni and Hubby had the Chicken/prawn Fettuccini. The only complaint about the food was that the prawns still had their tails on which is a little awkward when covered in alfredo sauce.

Visited August 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
“Always great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013

We have been visiting this restaurant since it first opened . . . having last been there a couple of months ago for a birthday celebration. The food, wine and service is always first rate and it by far our favorite Edmonton restaurant! The canelloni is my favorite and my husband is a great fan of Jack's osso bucco. You will not be disappointed. . . . .

• Visited June 2013