“Don't expect decor and service - just yummy food!”
Review of Bul-Go-Gi House

Bul-Go-Gi House
Ranked #226 of 2,540 Restaurants in Edmonton
Price range: US$0 - US$25
Cuisines: Korean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I'm glad I read the reviews and was in the mood for Korean flavours, not atmosphere. There's no way I would have considered trying this place, but I'm glad I did! One of the best meals on my business trip.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

I used to live in the area 10 years ago and would get takeout fairly regularily. I live in a different part of Edmonton now so when a family member suggested Bul Go Gi House, I was excited. Still the same place! The rice is perfectly cooked. Hot and sticky! The kim chi and bean sprouts are delicious. Bee bip bam (BBQ ribs) was very good. I piled everything into my stainless steel bowl and chowed down. I'll be back!

Reviewed 23 October 2013

I started to come to this resturant in the 1980s. I have the same meal everytime and everytime it is excellant and never changes which brings me back from time to time. Their special has it all, the great veggies BBQ ribs and chicken breast etc. The kim chi and bean sprouts just keep coming with the meal and cannot be any better. Fresh ice water on every table. John and Jason have kept it going with the new generation now running the show Well Done. I will always return as long as it remains as it is, very plain and simple with great food and service.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

Visited with friends who come here on a regular basis. Wasn't sure what to expect as we hadn't been to a Korean eatery before. You would never know from the outside that it was even a restaurant. Very non descript with a plain door. First impression inside wasn't great as it has a very small entrance way. However, when we looked around and saw how many people were eating there it raised our spirits. We had a selection of dishes, none of which I could name now but on the whole they were all good. There was one stand out dish, but sorry folks I really couldn't name it! Well worth a visit if you can find it.

Reviewed 11 September 2013

This was a great place to eat; However, do not judge the decor. It is out of date and from the 70's. I was able to look into the kitchen and it looked extremely clean and well kept. The food was amazing and I can not wait to go back.