“Sad to see the decline of one of Edmonton's best places to eat”
Review of The Harvest Room

The Harvest Room
Reserve with OpenTable
The Harvest Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 2,441 Restaurants in Edmonton
Price range: US$21 - US$39
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Jasper Avenue
Description: The Harvest Room beckons with a warm and vibrant atmosphere, enhanced by a magnificent view of the North Saskatchewan River Valley. Diners enjoy award-winning cuisine featuring regional specialties such as Alberta beef, game, freshwater fish, and local produce. Our wine list features international labels, specifically chosen to balance our menus. Our concept is LOCAL. SEASONAL. SUSTAINABLE. The restaurant is open daily for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. We also offer weekend Royal Tea and Tour as well as Week day High tea ( Monday - Wednesday)
Edmonton, Canada
“Sad to see the decline of one of Edmonton's best places to eat”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

This was one of Edmonton’s best restaurants for dining out on a regular basis or for special occasions and indeed our favourite. The food and its presentation, the service and the ambience were always so classy. Over the last thirty years or so, we had taken our friends from Europe and other places who were ever so impressed.
We went back after a fairly long gap and were disappointed to say the least. The quality of the ingredients have deteriorated – it includes frozen vegetables – peas for instance! The meat is of lower quality even if the portions are much larger than before. My steak looked less than appetising resting on a lumpy bed of mashed potato and the chimichurri sauce suffered from what looked like an accidental spill of olive oil. The waiter didn’t present the bottle of wine before pouring what looked like a half-measure!! He also asked us to pick our dessert selection along with our order for the first two courses and seemed to be in much hurry!! The desserts were fortunately still the highlight.
All in all, it seems we have lost one of Edmonton’s prides.

• Visited August 2014

Barbados
“Good Hotel Fare”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

While I don't always eat in the hotels I'm staying at, I thought I'd take it easy and not venture out. I was not disappointed. The Harvest Room is a classic but the room could use a little pick up as it is quite 'tired'. The restaurant overlooks the North Saskatchewan River so has some nice views. The menu was good and had some good wine pairing suggestions with the main courses - well done Harvest Room - more restaurants should do this. I only ordered one course - the Beef Tenderloin, which was was good with excellent accompaniments but was over-cooked. This may have been my fault in ordering as I waivered between medium and medium rare. In any event it was still good. The Malbec wine pairing made up for the well done meat. So with the benefit of the doubt, I'll score this as Very Good. One last point - it is not inexpensive. 1 cocktail, 2 glasses of wine and 1 main with tip - $111.18.

• Visited August 2014
Canada
“One of Edmonton's best”
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

The view of the river valley from the restaurant and hotel is beautiful. The service and food is fantastic. The staff acknowledge me by my Mr at least 10 times during our meal. The meal came with a buffalo ceviche which was fantastic. I had the strip loin which was perfectly prepared and my wife had the lamb. We had the lemon tart for dessert with a shortbread crust, it was delicious. The service at the Hotel MacDonald is always great and the ambience of the hotel, patio and Harvest Room is nice. Compared to other high end restaurants in Edmonton, this is one of my favourite and the cost is reflected in food quality and service.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank haileythegolden
Edmonton, Canada
“Edmonton's best River Valley View on the Patio”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We treat ourselves every now and then to a meal at the Mac. Such a beautiful spot to relax and eat a casual meal with your family. Every meal we've had has been awesome. My daughter orders from the kids menu and she is always happy. Sitting on the patio I always feel like I'm on holidays. Wish we could go more often. The service is great and atmosphere can't be beat.

• Visited July 2014
Edmonton, Canada
“Excellent Patio Dining Experience”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We enjoyed the views of our wonderful river valley while having lunch at the Harvest Room and Confederation Lounge Patio. Service and good were excellent as were the beautiful flowers on display in the adjoining garden. They have one menu for the Harvest Room patio and a different menu for the Confederation Lounge patio - both offering spectacular views and nice seating arrangements. We went on a Thursday for a late lunch and were seated without reservations. The pitcher of Sangria was delicious as were the salads, chips and salsa and burger.

• Visited July 2014