“Love the fresh fish!”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Garneau
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I have been there today with a friend to have lunch and asked for sea urchin gunkan which to my surprise, they had it!! and it was the best uni I've ever had. Portion are large, some of the sushi should be called futomaki. Good price for very good food! My tenpura were a bit greasy but otherwise, I would go there again! Definitely!

Reviewed 21 February 2014

I have visited several sushi restaurants in Edmonton. Kyoto is the best for both price and quality of the food. You can choose to have a private booth if available, which we always did. Just to give an idea, My wife and I would pay $35-40 for two of us to have a pretty good meal here. Two other sushi places in town, we order pretty much the same thing, and pay $70-80. Not much different. Because of this we came back here many times.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

Enjoyed the bento box lunch I ordered. The quantity and quality of the food was good. The service was prompt and polite. I didn't have a 'wow' moment with the food, but I would come back if I was in the area and wanted Japanese food for lunch.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

I had dinner on a bento box: the tempura was oily, sashimi was cut too thick, the chicken was greasy. Contrary to what reported by other reviews, I found the service quick and agreeable.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

We had lunch here, and were very pleased with the atmosphere, the food, and the service.
Will definitely go again when we next visit Edmonton.