“Awesome service”
Review of Mikado

Mikado
Reserve with OpenTable
Mikado is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #114 of 2,473 Restaurants in Edmonton
Edmonton
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome service”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

My friend and I dined there last Friday April 11, and had the Great Fortune of having Server "JOY " serving us. What a pleasant, courteous and competent young lady.
When we ever go back to dine there, it will only be if we have her as a server. The service was awesome.
We had a Bento Box and a 20 Mixed piece of Tempura, along with a bottle of wine.... It was one of the best meals we have had in a long time.
We applaud JOY for her soo Joyful and pleasant attitude along with a great sense of humour.
If I owned a business, I would want employees like Joy working for me. I hope management appreciate the Jewel that they have. Randy

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Randy M

Banff, Canada
“Good food, good prices”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We had a good experience here- good food and reasonable prices. Forgotten by our server a couple times on a fairly busy Saturday afternoon, but otherwise good!

• Visited November 2013
London, England, United Kingdom
“Excellent sushi and fantastic service”
Reviewed 16 August 2013

My friend had the foresight to book a booth....traditional japanese style....it was awesome....the food was fantastic, especially the dragons eye...service was the best I have had in a restaurant in Canada....waitress was very attentive and spot on !! Was a great place to come for sushi....I was very impressed and will be back again !

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Nicholas S
“I gave them a chance . . .”
Reviewed 3 May 2013

Here is the text of an email that I sent to the management on Tuesday . . . It is now Friday and I haven't heard from them. Guess they don't care.

"I wanted to let you know that I had a very disappointing lunch experience on Tuesday this week. I ordered Bento A-1 with Sashimi. The salmon and tuna were dry and tough like it had been prepared the day or 2 before. I don’t think I have ever had dry sushi. The tempura was cold and limp. Isn’t tempura supposed to be crispy. The chicken tasted like pressed reconstituted chicken. I remember the old days when Mikado was on 116 street and an excellent place to eat.

So disappointing."

• Visited April 2013
Edmonton, Canada
“Great sashimi”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

This is a great place for sashimi. The restaurant is nice, and the food is really fresh. The service could be quicker, but the food makes up for it.